    view it through a web browser on another computer?

    Are there any Windows programs that can read the address book and sync with
    the online version (his assistant has a PC)?
    Jack B. Pollack, Mar 19, 2008

  2. Jack B. Pollack

    Mike Easter Guest

    Jack B. Pollack wrote:
    > A friend asked me:

    Tell your friend to come here and ask whatever question he has, because
    you aren't doing a very good job of communicating the issue.

    > After syncing his address book (on a mac to his .mac account ),

    This is the addressbook I will assume
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_Book Integration with Mail, iCal,
    iChat, Fax, Safari, iPhone (via iTunes). - iSync compatibility to sync
    contacts to phones, PDAs, iPods, and other Macs

    > how
    > can he view it through a web browser on another computer?

    Why would you want to view it with a web browser?

    > Are there any Windows programs that can read the address book and
    > sync with the online version (his assistant has a PC)?

    There is a mac tool^1 which will export the mac address book as a .csv
    comma separated values file which can be imported into almost anything.
    The mac addressbook can be synchronized with MS Exchange Server.
    Individual vcards can be exported from the mac addressbook and imported
    into other apps.

    ^1 http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/29681 Address Book
    to CSV Exporter

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Mar 19, 2008

  3. "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Jack B. Pollack wrote:
    > > A friend asked me:

    > Tell your friend to come here and ask whatever question he has, because
    > you aren't doing a very good job of communicating the issue.
    >
    > > After syncing his address book (on a mac to his .mac account ),

    > This is the addressbook I will assume
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_Book Integration with Mail, iCal,
    > iChat, Fax, Safari, iPhone (via iTunes). - iSync compatibility to sync
    > contacts to phones, PDAs, iPods, and other Macs
    >
    > > how
    > > can he view it through a web browser on another computer?

    > Why would you want to view it with a web browser?
    >
    > > Are there any Windows programs that can read the address book and
    > > sync with the online version (his assistant has a PC)?

    > There is a mac tool^1 which will export the mac address book as a .csv
    > comma separated values file which can be imported into almost anything.
    > The mac addressbook can be synchronized with MS Exchange Server.
    > Individual vcards can be exported from the mac addressbook and imported
    > into other apps.
    >

    > ^1 http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/29681 Address Book
    > to CSV Exporter

    He wants to be able to view his address book (yes,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_Book )
    from a "public" computer, not an exported version, but a currently synced
    copy.

    His assistant has a PC and would like a "live" copy of the contacts (again,
    not exported/imported copy)
    Jack B. Pollack, Mar 19, 2008