Viewing Icons & Cursors

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Virginia., Feb 13, 2005.

  1. Virginia.

    Virginia. Guest

    Pent III, Win 98 SE, 486Mb memory.

    Hi, This may seem a very strange question & if no-one understands it I
    apologise in advance.
    I used to be able to view icons & cursors on the computer when viewing them
    in their folders (i.e. the icons & cursors in my plus folder for desktop
    themes), I decided to see if Paint Shop Pro 7 would open the icons/cursors
    but it didn't. I had to remove both the .ico & .cur file type from the file
    types list & recreate the file types, before whenever I've had to do this
    due to not being able to see the actual icon/cursor picture it's always
    worked but not this time. prior to installing PSP 7 I removed Adobe photo
    deluxe home edition 3.01, I tried reinstalling this but it didn't seem to
    make any difference. Am I missing something?

    When I use a desktop theme the icons & cursors still show but if I'm looking
    to change an icon say on the desktop or for anything else, I look in my icon
    folders but all I see is the standard flying windows logo on a white
    background picture; I'd prefer to see what the icon/cursor picture is
    instead.

    Thanks in advance.

    Virginia.

    --
    Remove the word 'Brent' to reply.

    Virginia., Feb 13, 2005

  2. Virginia.

    Richard Guest

    On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:15:02 GMT Virginia. wrote:

    > Pent III, Win 98 SE, 486Mb memory.

    > Hi, This may seem a very strange question & if no-one understands it I
    > apologise in advance.
    > I used to be able to view icons & cursors on the computer when viewing
    > them
    > in their folders (i.e. the icons & cursors in my plus folder for
    > desktop
    > themes), I decided to see if Paint Shop Pro 7 would open the
    > icons/cursors
    > but it didn't. I had to remove both the .ico & .cur file type from the
    > file
    > types list & recreate the file types, before whenever I've had to do
    > this
    > due to not being able to see the actual icon/cursor picture it's always
    > worked but not this time. prior to installing PSP 7 I removed Adobe
    > photo
    > deluxe home edition 3.01, I tried reinstalling this but it didn't seem
    > make any difference. Am I missing something?

    > When I use a desktop theme the icons & cursors still show but if I'm
    > looking
    > to change an icon say on the desktop or for anything else, I look in my
    > icon
    > folders but all I see is the standard flying windows logo on a white
    > background picture; I'd prefer to see what the icon/cursor picture is
    > instead.

    > Thanks in advance.

    > Virginia.

    Try www.irfanview.com
    It can open icons and cursors as images.

    Richard, Feb 13, 2005

  3. Virginia.

    Virginia. Guest

    > On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:15:02 GMT Virginia. wrote:
    >
    > > Pent III, Win 98 SE, 486Mb memory.

    > > Hi, This may seem a very strange question & if no-one understands it I
    > > apologise in advance.
    > > I used to be able to view icons & cursors on the computer when viewing
    > > them
    > > in their folders (i.e. the icons & cursors in my plus folder for
    > > desktop
    > > themes), I decided to see if Paint Shop Pro 7 would open the
    > > icons/cursors
    > > but it didn't. I had to remove both the .ico & .cur file type from the
    > > file
    > > types list & recreate the file types, before whenever I've had to do
    > > this
    > > due to not being able to see the actual icon/cursor picture it's always
    > > worked but not this time. prior to installing PSP 7 I removed Adobe
    > > photo
    > > deluxe home edition 3.01, I tried reinstalling this but it didn't seem
    > > make any difference. Am I missing something?

    > > When I use a desktop theme the icons & cursors still show but if I'm
    > > looking
    > > to change an icon say on the desktop or for anything else, I look in my
    > > icon
    > > folders but all I see is the standard flying windows logo on a white
    > > background picture; I'd prefer to see what the icon/cursor picture is
    > > instead.

    > > Thanks in advance.

    > > Virginia.

    > Try www.irfanview.com
    > It can open icons and cursors as images.

    Thanks, I'll check it out, although my aim isn't to open icon/cursors to
    view them, I can do that with the Quick View program, I'm really trying to
    view the cursor/icon in windows explorer/while viewing them in their
    respective folders - without opening them.

    Virginia.

    Virginia., Feb 13, 2005