Viewing GPO that Contains Active IPSec Policy

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Jeremy Porter, Jul 25, 2006.

  1. Hello,

    I am studying for MCSA 2003 to upgrade from MCSA 2000. In my
    Transcender flash questions I have a question:

    Which two tools can you use to view the name of the GPO that contains
    the active IPSec policy for Windows Server 2003 computers?

    My answer is: netsh, IP Security Monitor, Result Set of Policy, and
    ?netdiag?.

    The problem is with netdiag. Whenever I run netdiag from the command
    prompt I see:

    IP Security Test .... Skipped

    Even if I run netdiag /test:IPSec /debug. Am I doing something wrong?
    What am I missing? All the documentation from Help and Support suggest
    that this is possible yet if the test is never run then it is not
    possible. Based on what I see, I would rather use the other three tools
    any day to show the active IP Sec Policy. What is microsofts
    recommendation on this?

    Thanks,

    Jeremy

    Jeremy Porter, Jul 25, 2006