  1. Gen

    Gen Guest

    How can I view files Firefox cache?

    Gen, Apr 17, 2005

  2. Gen

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On 17 Apr 2005 01:53:24 -0700, in message
    <>, Gen wrote:

    > How can I view files Firefox cache?

    1. Enter this into the URL bar

    about:cache?device=disk

    This will bring up a summary page of all the cache
    entries.

    2. For more information about any particular cache entry,
    click on the link in the list.

    This will bring up a page with more detail, including the
    file name in the cache (note some small sized items don't
    have their own file).

    Ralph Fox, Apr 17, 2005

  3. Gen

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ralph Fox wrote:

    > On 17 Apr 2005 01:53:24 -0700, in message
    > <>, Gen wrote:
    >

    >>How can I view files Firefox cache?

    > 1. Enter this into the URL bar
    >
    > about:cache?device=disk
    >
    > This will bring up a summary page of all the cache
    > entries.
    >
    > 2. For more information about any particular cache entry,
    > click on the link in the list.
    >
    > This will bring up a page with more detail, including the
    > file name in the cache (note some small sized items don't
    > have their own file).

    got any ideas on how to actually view a file in the cache folder?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Apr 18, 2005
  4. Gen

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:20:58 -0400, in message
    <>, Ed Mullen wrote:

    > Ralph Fox wrote:
    >
    > > On 17 Apr 2005 01:53:24 -0700, in message
    > > <>, Gen wrote:
    > >

    > >>How can I view files Firefox cache?

    > > 1. Enter this into the URL bar
    > >
    > > about:cache?device=disk
    > >
    > > This will bring up a summary page of all the cache
    > > entries.
    > >
    > > 2. For more information about any particular cache entry,
    > > click on the link in the list.
    > >
    > > This will bring up a page with more detail, including the
    > > file name in the cache (note some small sized items don't
    > > have their own file).
    > >

    > got any ideas on how to actually view a file in the cache folder?

    Do this...

    3. Put Firefox into _offline_ mode

    File -> Work Offline

    and then click on the link at the top of page #2 above,
    ie. the page with more detail about a particular entry.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Politicians are like diapers: