    the display is about 1/4 screen, and seems no way to increase it. Is
    there a better player that works with streaming vidie and Mozilla?
    Thanks

    Broadback, Oct 5, 2005

  2. Broadback

    gwtc Guest

    Broadback wrote:

    > I've downloaded Real player to watch BBC streaming videos, bit sad as
    > the display is about 1/4 screen, and seems no way to increase it. Is
    > there a better player that works with streaming vidie and Mozilla?
    > Thanks

    you may find what you need by browsing around here:
    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows-all.html

    gwtc, Oct 5, 2005

  3. Broadback

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Broadback* wrote:

    > I've downloaded Real player to watch BBC streaming videos, bit sad as
    > the display is about 1/4 screen, and seems no way to increase it. Is
    > there a better player that works with streaming vidie and Mozilla?
    > Thanks

    At least on my RealPlayer I can resize the display to full screen
    ("view" in RP toolbar), if I like to. Of course the resolution used
    when the video is made can in many cases be to low to give an
    acceptable quality on full screen.

    --
    /Arne
    Now killing all posts originating at GoogleGroups

    Arne, Oct 5, 2005
  4. Broadback

    Paul Guest

    Broadback wrote:
    > I've downloaded Real player to watch BBC streaming videos, bit sad as
    > the display is about 1/4 screen, and seems no way to increase it. Is
    > there a better player that works with streaming vidie and Mozilla?
    > Thanks

    You could try lowering the resolution of your monitor as well (right
    click on the desktop and chose properties and you can do it there) that
    will make the image appear bigger.

    Paul, Oct 5, 2005
  5. On 10/5/2005 5:48 PM, Broadback said:
    > I've downloaded Real player to watch BBC streaming videos, bit sad as
    > the display is about 1/4 screen, and seems no way to increase it. Is
    > there a better player that works with streaming vidie and Mozilla?
    > Thanks

    Here's a screenshot of a standard BBC video popup:

    http://www.olansa.co.uk/sturf/screencap.jpg

    Apart from the row of buttons just under the video image (Normal
    Video&Text, Normal Video Only, Double Video Only, Full Size Video Only),
    which ought to affect the player size, you can also right-click on the
    video image itself to bring up a context menu. Select "Play in
    RealPlayer" to view in the standalone RealPlayer app. Works fine here
    (Win2K, Firefox 1.0.7)

    There's also a link at the bottom left of the window called "Change how
    I see this", which IIRC allows you to change the cookie settings and
    select (ugh) Windows Media Player etc.

    Hope this helps,

    David H

    David Harrison, Oct 5, 2005