    Just not sure why wife's pictures, and sometimes others, don't.
    Not quite sure where to start looking at what.
    Thanks
    Doug Chadduck, May 16, 2007

  2. Doug Chadduck wrote:
    > T-Bird 1.8.2 with XP current
    >
    > Rarely do attached pictures display "in-line" as I would prefer.
    > My wife regularly sends pics from her work and they always display as
    > attachments.
    > It's only annoying when there are captions and all I see in the body of
    > the message is "picturename.jpg" and the caption.
    > I have to open the picture elsewheres.
    > I can attach and send pics to myself and they do display inline
    > properly. Tested from my son's computer and e-mail account, three feet
    > behind me, and they display fine inline from there. Test from my Mac
    > worked fine.
    > Just not sure why wife's pictures, and sometimes others, don't.
    > Not quite sure where to start looking at what.
    > Thanks

    Thunderbird 1.8.2???? Your header shows Thunderbird 1.5.10

    View-->Display Attachments Inline (ensure it is checkmarked)
    Moz Champion (Dan), May 16, 2007

  3. Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Doug Chadduck wrote:
    >> T-Bird 1.8.2 with XP current
    >>
    >> Rarely do attached pictures display "in-line" as I would prefer.
    >> My wife regularly sends pics from her work and they always display as
    >> attachments.
    >> It's only annoying when there are captions and all I see in the body
    >> of the message is "picturename.jpg" and the caption.
    >> I have to open the picture elsewheres.
    >> I can attach and send pics to myself and they do display inline
    >> properly. Tested from my son's computer and e-mail account, three feet
    >> behind me, and they display fine inline from there. Test from my Mac
    >> worked fine.
    >> Just not sure why wife's pictures, and sometimes others, don't.
    >> Not quite sure where to start looking at what.
    >> Thanks

    > Thunderbird 1.8.2???? Your header shows Thunderbird 1.5.10

    I just clicked "properties" on the .exe doh

    > View-->Display Attachments Inline (ensure it is checkmarked)

    checked, unchecked, rechecked, multiple times. It works probably the
    majority of the time.
    My wife is computer illiterate so it's hard to figure out what might be
    set on her end. She's on Eudora 5.1 which I don't think I've even ever
    laid eyes on.
    Doug Chadduck, May 16, 2007
  4. Doug Chadduck wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Doug Chadduck wrote:
    >>> T-Bird 1.8.2 with XP current
    >>>
    >>> Rarely do attached pictures display "in-line" as I would prefer.
    >>> My wife regularly sends pics from her work and they always display as
    >>> attachments.
    >>> It's only annoying when there are captions and all I see in the body
    >>> of the message is "picturename.jpg" and the caption.
    >>> I have to open the picture elsewheres.
    >>> I can attach and send pics to myself and they do display inline
    >>> properly. Tested from my son's computer and e-mail account, three
    >>> feet behind me, and they display fine inline from there. Test from my
    >>> Mac worked fine.
    >>> Just not sure why wife's pictures, and sometimes others, don't.
    >>> Not quite sure where to start looking at what.
    >>> Thanks

    >> Thunderbird 1.8.2???? Your header shows Thunderbird 1.5.10

    > I just clicked "properties" on the .exe doh
    >>
    >> View-->Display Attachments Inline (ensure it is checkmarked)

    > checked, unchecked, rechecked, multiple times. It works probably the
    > majority of the time.
    > My wife is computer illiterate so it's hard to figure out what might be
    > set on her end. She's on Eudora 5.1 which I don't think I've even ever
    > laid eyes on.

    The next time she send you one of these, if it isn't private, forward it
    on to me and we shall attempt to decipher the problem.
    Moz Champion (Dan), May 16, 2007
  5. Doug Chadduck

    Guest

    On May 15, 5:27 pm, Doug Chadduck <> wrote:
    > T-Bird 1.8.2 with XP current
    >
    > Rarely do attached pictures display "in-line" as I would prefer.
    > My wife regularly sends pics from her work and they always display as
    > attachments.
    > It's only annoying when there are captions and all I see in the body of
    > the message is "picturename.jpg" and the caption.
    > I have to open the picture elsewheres.
    > I can attach and send pics to myself and they do display inline
    > properly. Tested from my son's computer and e-mail account, three feet
    > behind me, and they display fine inline from there. Test from my Mac
    > worked fine.
    > Just not sure why wife's pictures, and sometimes others, don't.
    > Not quite sure where to start looking at what.
    > Thanks

    I belong to several yahoo pic groups. Most of the pics are shown
    inline. But, every once in a while someone sends some, and they just
    don't display inline. I haven't figured out why.
    , May 16, 2007