    camera's LCD monitor screen in order to get the best image.

    (Then I would adjust that image appearance for contrast, brightness,
    etc.)

    Sammy, Feb 11, 2007

  2. "Sammy" <> wrote in message news:Xns98D4A9D86447D451E7A@127.0.0.1...

    > Is there an inducstry standard for the angle at which I would view my
    > camera's LCD monitor screen in order to get the best image.
    >
    > (Then I would adjust that image appearance for contrast, brightness,
    > etc.)

    I would think straight-on...
    --
    David Ruether

    http://www.ferrario.com/ruether

    David Ruether, Feb 11, 2007

  3. Sammy

    Paul Allen Guest

    On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:41:47 GMT
    Sammy <> wrote:

    > Is there an inducstry standard for the angle at which I would view my
    > camera's LCD monitor screen in order to get the best image.

    All LCD's look best when viewed straight-on, but some tolerate more
    or less deviation from that. There is no industry standard for this.

    > (Then I would adjust that image appearance for contrast, brightness,
    > etc.)

    The camera's LCD is probably the worst place to do this sort of
    adjustment.

    Paul Allen

    Paul Allen, Feb 11, 2007
  4. Sammy

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Paul Allen wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:41:47 GMT
    > Sammy <> wrote:
    >
    >> Is there an inducstry standard for the angle at which I would view my
    >> camera's LCD monitor screen in order to get the best image.

    > All LCD's look best when viewed straight-on, but some tolerate more
    > or less deviation from that. There is no industry standard for this.
    >
    >> (Then I would adjust that image appearance for contrast, brightness,
    >> etc.)

    > The camera's LCD is probably the worst place to do this sort of
    > adjustment.
    >
    > Paul Allen

    Some LCDs still have rather narrow viewing angles on some planes. For
    what it is worth, my cell phone display has a really lousy viewing angle
    range.

    Ron Hunter, Feb 12, 2007
  5. Sammy

    Mike Russell Guest

    "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    > Some LCDs still have rather narrow viewing angles on some planes. For
    > what it is worth, my cell phone display has a really lousy viewing angle
    > range.

    The big question: how long does it take to start Photoshop on your cell
    phone?
    --
    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com/forum/

    Mike Russell, Feb 13, 2007
  6. Sammy

    Roy G Guest

    "Mike Russell" <-MOVE> wrote in message
    > "Ron Hunter" <> wrote in message
    >> Some LCDs still have rather narrow viewing angles on some planes. For
    >> what it is worth, my cell phone display has a really lousy viewing angle
    >> range.

    > The big question: how long does it take to start Photoshop on your cell
    > phone?
    > --
    > Mike Russell
    > www.curvemeister.com/forum/

    Yea, and the one on my digital Alarm Clock is really crappy, and it doesn't
    even have a USB socket.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Feb 13, 2007