    joy there.

    Thanks in advance!

    Carmen

    Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell, Feb 10, 2010

  2. Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Carmen.

    In Windows Explorer, click View, then on the drop-down menu, click Group
    by..

    In the 20 or so that years I've been using Windows - since version 1.0 - I
    don't recall ever having seen files grouped into all A's, all B's, etc.
    Were you perhaps using a third-party add-on?

    Did I forget something? (Quite possible. <g> )

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Feb 11, 2010

  3. Hey RC... thanks. No I wasn't using a utility that I know of... but since
    you bring it up, I'll go check out my husband's computer (he still has XP)
    just to see...

    C.

    Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell, Feb 11, 2010
  4. hey, I checked the husband's computer (WIN XP) and it does breaks it down by
    individual letter, but Windows 7 breaks it down by letter grouping.

    So any ideas as to whether I can change this?

    C.

    Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell, Mar 5, 2010