    show it (it seems that it doesn't recognize the format).
    So: how can I transfer a DVD from a HD to the disc and to view it?
    Thanks.

    GRL, Nov 10, 2006

  2. On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 03:27:33 +0100, "GRL" <> wrote:

    >I have a DVD recorder. As all the DVD recorders, it creates all the times it
    >records the typical structure of a DVD movie on RW discs. I want to transfer
    >on a RW disc a DVD movie I have on the HD. But when I try to view the
    >transferred movie, the DVD recorder (or another DVD reader) isn't able to
    >show it (it seems that it doesn't recognize the format).
    >So: how can I transfer a DVD from a HD to the disc and to view it?
    >Thanks.

    I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. I transfer DVD's to the Hard
    Drive from DVD/R's & DVD/RW's quite often and then copy them back to a
    DVD+R if I plan to keep it. Never had a problem

    E. Barry Bruyea, Nov 11, 2006

  3. GRL

    GRL Guest

    Thank you for your answer.
    I mean: to use the copy of a movie DVD on a HD tranferred on a DVD RW. It
    happens to me that my DVD reader or my DVD recorder aren't able to read this
    copy (while they run, of course, if the DVD RW has been recorded directly by
    the DVD recorder). Apparently no reason why, because the format of the data
    is the same.
    GRL

    GRL, Nov 11, 2006
  4. GRL wrote:
    > Thank you for your answer.
    > I mean: to use the copy of a movie DVD on a HD tranferred on a DVD RW. It
    > happens to me that my DVD reader or my DVD recorder aren't able to read this
    > copy (while they run, of course, if the DVD RW has been recorded directly by
    > the DVD recorder). Apparently no reason why, because the format of the data
    > is the same.
    > GRL

    The settop DVD intentionally puts errors onto the DVD to recognize it as
    his own.

    Anthony Marsh, Nov 11, 2006
  5. GRL

    GRL Guest

    I understand this, but it doesn't explain why also the other device (the DVD
    reader) recognizes only the recoreded movies and not the transferred ones.
    Thanks again.

    GRL, Nov 12, 2006