    few weeks before ordering replacements just in case they got a bad
    bunch.

    Has anyone else seen this problem?
    Dave Bowman, Aug 17, 2005

  2. Dave Bowman

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Mine is fine. There is no focussing as such and no provision for diopter
    correction as there was on my old slr. OTH, critical clarity is not
    essential since unlike the slr, the viewfinder is only intended to show a
    slightly reduced version of what will be captured and as you note, is not
    relevant to quality of image. The lines don't sound right and I think your
    returning the units was probably a good decision.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Aug 17, 2005

  3. Dave Bowman

    Nostrobino Guest

    >I bought a pair of A95s, one as a present, one for myself. Both of
    > them have out of focus optical viewfinders. One is more out of whack
    > at higher focal lengths, the other has more trouble on the wide end.
    > One has spotty out of focus areas, the other has lines through the
    > image which are out of focus.
    >
    > The LCD viewfinders are okay, and the images the camera takes are
    > great.
    >
    > I'm sending them back to BH, where I bought them. I think I'll wait a
    > few weeks before ordering replacements just in case they got a bad
    > bunch.
    >
    > Has anyone else seen this problem?

    My A95 optical viewfinder doesn't have any out-of-focus problems through its
    zoom range. It's about the same as most optical viewfinders on this type of
    camera, which is to say, not very good anyway. But no out-of-focus areas.

    N.
    Nostrobino, Aug 18, 2005