View Workgroup Computers slow for one machine

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by bigt, Aug 16, 2005.

  1. bigt

    bigt Guest

    I have a small wireless network setup consisting of 2 desktops (A & B)
    and a laptop (C).

    On the whole, all is working fine. I can access shared files and
    printers.

    When I select "View Workgrouop Computers", the 3 machines (A, B, C) are
    displayed. However, when on machine A and double clicking machine B it
    takes about 20 seconds to display the shared files and printers. The
    other (C) displays immediately.

    Similarly, when I go onto machine C, A displays immediately but again B
    is slow (about 20 seconds) to display its shared files and folders.

    They are all on XP SP2 (all updates applied). All have NAV and
    Zonealarm. Each pc has a printer attached and each pc can use all 3
    printers, i.e. they are all shared. A and B have shared folders
    accessible to all machines.

    No errors are being displayed, and I can live with it, but it would be
    nice to know what is causing the delay.

    Thanks for any ideas.

    bigt, Aug 16, 2005