    wireless.
    Pls advice on what has to be done so that I can view the available net work
    and go wireless.
    =?Utf-8?B?UmVlbg==?=, Sep 14, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UmVlbg==?=

    Malke Guest

    Reen wrote:

    > I'm using a Linksys wireless router. There is one more person using
    > this connetion. When I try to view the wireless networks - I always
    > get the message windows cannot configure this wireless connection.
    > But all he same the other laptop that uses this same connection can
    > log on wireless, but I have to be always hardwired to the laptop. cant
    > go wireless.
    >
    > when I try to access the wireless system at the University I can do so
    > wireless.
    > Pls advice on what has to be done so that I can view the available net
    > work and go wireless.

    Although you haven't provided any information about your wireless
    hardware, I believe you are getting the message because the wireless
    adapter software has taken over from the Windows wireless manager. Open
    your wireless adapter's management software and configure your
    wireless.

    Also, if the wireless adapter's management software does not see any
    wireless networks available, then make sure you have the wireless on.
    Many laptops have a small switch or button to turn wireless on/off
    while others use a combination keypress (FN + [some key]). Refer to
    your laptop manual for details.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers