    --
    Bill Splaine, Healdsburg, CA
    Woodcarvings: www.picturetrail.com/chips

    WeeWilly, Jan 13, 2004

  2. In article <>, says...
    > I used to be able to right click on a page and view the source of a page.
    > When I do that now.. I can't see the source.. something is turned off and I
    > don't know what it is. I have OE 6.

    Empty your Temporary Internet Files.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 13, 2004

  3. WeeWilly

    WeeWilly Guest

    "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message >
    > Empty your Temporary Internet Files.

    That can't be my problem.. My T-I-F's are emptied automatically each time IE
    is closed down.. never much in there.

    Any other thoughts.. like a switch I'm not familiar with in Tools | Options
    | ???

    Thanks, Bill

    WeeWilly, Jan 13, 2004
  4. On 12 Jan 2004, "WeeWilly" <> scrawled in

    > I used to be able to right click on a page and view the source of a page.
    > When I do that now.. I can't see the source.. something is turned off and I
    > don't know what it is. I have OE 6.
    >
    > thanks

    How did the source display?
    Was the source displayed in Notepad?

    If so, see if you can run Notepad from the Start Menu. If you can't, it is
    Notepad that is the problem and not OE.

    --
    Skorpion (CET)

    People who wear Halloween costumes are sometimes mistaken for
    monsters.
    -- Bruce Sterling

    Skorpion (CET), Jan 13, 2004
  5. WeeWilly

    WeeWilly Guest

    I found the problem.. and Scorp.. you were correct.. it WAS Notepad.

    The weird thing is that I had a shortcut on my Desktop for Notepad. I
    can't, for the life of me, understand why this would be a problem.. but once
    I removed the shortcut.. I could View Source. This happened to me when I
    was working with Live Help on EBAY.. if the shortcut was there I couldn't
    chat with EBAY support.

    Go figure.. Something Microsoft should work on..??

    Bill

    WeeWilly, Jan 13, 2004
  6. On 13 Jan 2004, "WeeWilly" <> scrawled in

    > I found the problem.. and Scorp.. you were correct.. it WAS Notepad.
    >
    > The weird thing is that I had a shortcut on my Desktop for Notepad. I
    > can't, for the life of me, understand why this would be a problem.. but
    > once I removed the shortcut.. I could View Source. This happened to me
    > when I was working with Live Help on EBAY.. if the shortcut was there I
    > couldn't chat with EBAY support.
    >
    > Go figure.. Something Microsoft should work on..??
    >
    > Bill
    >
    > "Skorpion (CET)" <troutman(removethis)@mesh.net> wrote in message
    >> On 12 Jan 2004, "WeeWilly" <> scrawled in
    >>
    >> > I used to be able to right click on a page and view the source of a

    > page.
    >> > When I do that now.. I can't see the source.. something is turned off

    > and I
    >> > don't know what it is. I have OE 6.
    >> >
    >> > thanks
    >> >

    >> How did the source display?
    >> Was the source displayed in Notepad?
    >>
    >> If so, see if you can run Notepad from the Start Menu. If you can't, it
    >> is Notepad that is the problem and not OE.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Skorpion (CET)

    >> People who wear Halloween costumes are sometimes mistaken for
    >> monsters.
    >> -- Bruce Sterling

    Interesting...

    At the moment, I can't think of an explanation for that behavior...

    If I come up with anything, I'll let you know.

    If anyone else can educate us, I hope they will do so.

    Skorpion (CET), Jan 13, 2004
  7. WeeWilly

    WeeWilly Guest

    > On 13 Jan 2004, "WeeWilly" <> scrawled in
    >
    > > I found the problem.. and Scorp.. you were correct.. it WAS Notepad.
    > >
    > > The weird thing is that I had a shortcut on my Desktop for Notepad. I
    > > can't, for the life of me, understand why this would be a problem.. but
    > > once I removed the shortcut.. I could View Source. This happened to me
    > > when I was working with Live Help on EBAY.. if the shortcut was there I
    > > couldn't chat with EBAY support.
    > >
    > > Go figure.. Something Microsoft should work on..??
    > >
    > > Bill
    > >
    > > "Skorpion (CET)" <troutman(removethis)@mesh.net> wrote in message
    > >> On 12 Jan 2004, "WeeWilly" <> scrawled in

    > > page.

    > > and I

    > >> How did the source display?
    > >> Was the source displayed in Notepad?
    > >>
    > >> If so, see if you can run Notepad from the Start Menu. If you can't, it
    > >> is Notepad that is the problem and not OE.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Skorpion (CET)

    > >> People who wear Halloween costumes are sometimes mistaken for
    > >> monsters.
    > >> -- Bruce Sterling

    > Interesting...
    >
    > At the moment, I can't think of an explanation for that behavior...
    >
    > If I come up with anything, I'll let you know.
    >
    > If anyone else can educate us, I hope they will do so.

    Only reason I know about this is with my dealings w/ EBay Tech Support.
    They knew the reason once we discussed it.. Didn't offer an explanation..
    but after it was removed I could chat with them.. On a hunch I removed it
    when you told me it was probably Notepad... and voila.. it worked.

    WeeWilly, Jan 13, 2004