    I have a user that when they attempt to launch the window to view available
    wireless networks either from the system tray icon or Network neighborhood
    the window won't launch. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

    vinnie31, Jul 21, 2008

  2. vinnie31

    John Guest

    "vinnie31" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a user that when they attempt to launch the window to view available
    > wireless networks either from the system tray icon or Network neighborhood
    > the window won't launch. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

    Won't launch or user doesn't see any available wifi networks? In most cases,
    another software is controlling WiFi connection. Therefore windows WZC is
    "disabled".

    John, Jul 21, 2008

  3. Hi
    Maybe this can Help,
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    In general, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 22, 2008
  4. vinnie31

    vinnie31 Guest

    You are correct with the statement it didn't launch. Its like I didin't
    click on it at all. I have looked at the WZC service and it is on. I have
    dealt with the WZC service problems before on many of my notebook clients but
    I have yet to see it where the window that allows you to see the connections
    will not even launch. Any other thoughts?

    vinnie31, Jul 22, 2008
  5. vinnie31

    John Guest

    "vinnie31" <> wrote in message
    > You are correct with the statement it didn't launch. Its like I didin't
    > click on it at all. I have looked at the WZC service and it is on. I
    > have
    > dealt with the WZC service problems before on many of my notebook clients
    > but
    > I have yet to see it where the window that allows you to see the
    > connections
    > will not even launch. Any other thoughts?

    I've never seen that problem before. Are you sure wifi adapter driver is
    loaded? Have you checked Device Manager?

    John, Jul 22, 2008
  6. vinnie31

    vinnie31 Guest

    Yes sir. It shows no conflicts in Device manager and says that it is working
    fine and you can enable and disable the device in Network places too with no
    problems. I made sure that the toggle switch was enabled on the notebook
    too. It just will not launch the window to view available wireless networks.
    I would rather not have to reimage the machine if I don't have to but
    thought I would see if smarter people than me could save me. : )

    vinnie31, Jul 22, 2008
  7. vinnie31

    John Guest

    One more shot:
    have you tried disabling (or checking the options to let Windows manage
    connection) whatever software that is controlling WiFi connection? Can you
    see wireless networks thru "that" software?

    John, Jul 22, 2008
  8. vinnie31

    flapalo Guest

    On my notebook in services I don't have WZC at all!!!

    So when I try to find wireless conections it says to start WZC, and it is
    not there?

    Anybody please help!

    flapalo, Nov 5, 2009
  9. Hi
    First make sure that the original vendor's Wireless Utility is Not loaded
    and disabling the Windows Native Utility.
    If there is No vendor utility, or you disabled it and WZC does not exist,
    read this,
    http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Nov 5, 2009