"View Available Wireless Networks" Problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by The Gnat, Sep 19, 2007.

1. The Gnat

The Gnat

I have a question that is basically related to the title of this thread. I would have more details but I noticed this as I was running off to work today.

But the basic issue is that sometime while I was asleep my network connection dropped, not a big deal, it happens a lot as I have a Linksys USB wireless card and Comcast providing the wireless. So typically it drops and reconnects, or it drops and I have to restart my computer and it will work again. So it didn't restart even though it shows that the wireless connection is there are good. So I went to check to see if it was connected to the right wireless network, and I right clicked on the icon and nothing came up, which is odd. So then I went into "My Network Places", and nothing showed up in that explorer window. So I am thinking that there might be something more wrong then simply the connection having been dropped. But I was running to work this morning, so I didn't get a chance to take a closer look at it. My plans are to check and see if I can ping anything, and then restart my computer to see if that will solve the issue, as surprisingly it typically does with my wireless problems. However, I am somewhat concerned as that nothing showed up when I went in "My Network Places". So, I was wondering if this could be an issue with my network card, which is why things aren't showing up, because along with the wireless it should be showing my ethernet connection, which isn't connected.
    The Gnat, Sep 19, 2007
    1. Advertising