view all folders and files on a workstation

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?c29tZW9uZQ==?=, Nov 17, 2003.

  1. I need to know if there is a way to view all files and folders on a workstation so that they can be reorganized? The only thing I have come up with is using windows explorer and taking screen shots but that would take forever. There has to be an easier way? I need to reorganize a drive on a pc.

    =?Utf-8?B?c29tZW9uZQ==?=, Nov 17, 2003

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c29tZW9uZQ==?=

    TheXman Guest

    If I understand your question correctly, you want a listing of all the files
    and folders on your hard drive. You must be a post command-line era person.
    One way to do this, if you have a printer attached, is to use the DIR
    command and redirect the output to a file or printer. You may want to look
    at the switches for the DIR command for more specificity, but here is the
    syntax that will send all of the files and folders to a file called
    listing.txt.

    DIR \*.* /s >listing.txt

    The /s switch tells the DIR command to traverse subdirectories. I hope this
    leads you in the right direction. If not, please be more specific in what
    you're trying to do.

    --
    TheXman

    TheXman, Nov 17, 2003