    Does anyone know where I'm going wrong or have some usefull suggestions

    Many Thanks

    Sam
    Sam, Feb 21, 2004

  2. Sam

    Toshi1873 Guest

    In article <c17tmr$gah$>, says...
    > Hi, I've been trying to record video to my PC from my video player but with
    > little success. I have a radion All-in-wonder card connected to the scart
    > output of my video which I'm told should work. I use Nerovision Express to
    > capture the video but in the preview screen there is just a snowy picture
    > and no audio.
    > I've tried Windows XP movie maker with the same results.
    > Does anyone know where I'm going wrong or have some usefull suggestions

    Are you *positive* that the AIW takes SCART input? My old AIW only took
    composite or S-Video.

    Also, have you changed the "input selector" on your software? (IIRC, I
    had the option of tuner / composite / s-video)
    Toshi1873, Feb 21, 2004

  3. Sam

    Sam Guest

    "Toshi1873" <> wrote in message
    > In article <c17tmr$gah$>, says...
    > > Hi, I've been trying to record video to my PC from my video player but

    with
    > > little success. I have a radion All-in-wonder card connected to the

    scart
    > > output of my video which I'm told should work. I use Nerovision Express

    > > capture the video but in the preview screen there is just a snowy

    picture
    > > and no audio.
    > > I've tried Windows XP movie maker with the same results.
    > > Does anyone know where I'm going wrong or have some usefull suggestions
    > >

    > Are you *positive* that the AIW takes SCART input? My old AIW only took
    > composite or S-Video.

    I think so, at the computer shop where I bought the PC the gave me a SCART
    adaptor to connect up to
    the video input of the graphics card.

    > Also, have you changed the "input selector" on your software? (IIRC, I
    > had the option of tuner / composite / s-video)

    Yes, I tried all the different input selections.

    Sam :eek:/
    Sam, Feb 21, 2004
  4. Are you trying to capture copyrighted material? Are you certain that what
    you're seeing isn't due to macrovision?

    Colon Terminus, Feb 21, 2004
  5. >Hi, I've been trying to record video to my PC from my video player but with
    >little success

    me too. I don't have any idea how to do it. I tried following instructions I
    read on the net, but my computer which is the manufacturer's latest model
    doesn't seem to have the connections that are needed to do so.

    Unless I'm just doing something wrong.

    I hope you get an answer to it in this newsgroup, because that might help me be
    able to do it also.

    And once I'm able to do it, then I can make a webpage with videoclips that will
    prove ALL of the idiots in this newsgroup completely wrong.

    As I wil then be able to provide a video clip of my tv station with a logo
    taking up almost the entire tv screen during the program.

    instead of just a still photo of it which will make all of the idiots in this
    newsgroup claim that it was just a brief station I.D. between shows instead of
    a full screen logo during the program itself.

    It Was DURING the program, and more than once, because that was the size of the
    logo that the tv station used back then.

    for about five minutes at a time each time the logo was on during the program.

    This was back in the days before constant logos were on tv.

    only brief logos on most stations back then, as far as I remember.
    Waterperson77, Feb 21, 2004
  6. of course now that I posted, you probably won't get an answer from anybody,
    because the idiots in this newsgroup don't want me to be able to make a webpage
    with proof of what I said, because they know that if I'm able to, that it will
    make them all look like total morons since they claimed that it never happened
    and claimed that there was never any tv station that had a full screen logo
    during a program.

    They're afraid that they'll look like morons if I'm able to makee a webpage
    with proof that they're wrong and I'm right.

    And you know something? They're right. It WILL make them look like complete
    total morons if I'm able to put my proof up on a webpage somewhere.
    Waterperson77, Feb 21, 2004
  7. Sam

    Sam Guest

    "Colon Terminus" <> wrote in message

    > Are you trying to capture copyrighted material? Are you certain that what
    > you're seeing isn't due to macrovision?

    No, its not pre-recorded tapes. They are blank tapes that have some
    camcorder footage I took some years ago but need to get them into my PC to
    make permanent on DVD discs.
    Please carry on posting guys and ignore Waterperson77.

    Many Thanks

    Sam
    Sam, Feb 22, 2004
  8. Sam

    Toshi1873 Guest

    In article <c1922t$ug6$>, says...

    > "Colon Terminus" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Are you trying to capture copyrighted material? Are you certain that what
    > > you're seeing isn't due to macrovision?
    > >

    > No, its not pre-recorded tapes. They are blank tapes that have some
    > camcorder footage I took some years ago but need to get them into my PC to
    > make permanent on DVD discs.
    > Please carry on posting guys and ignore Waterperson77.

    Errr... quite, I'm chalking those posts up to a drunk in a sarcastic
    mood.

    Anyway, what specific model of the ATI card do you have? And what VCR
    (with what types of outputs?).
    Toshi1873, Feb 22, 2004
  9. This is the unit I use. It works a treat.

    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage_n.asp?Product_ID=1426&Langue_ID=7

    It utilises seperate chips for audio and video encoding so there's never a
    problem with synch.

    Colon Terminus, Feb 22, 2004
  10. Sam

    Mike Kohary Guest

    > And once I'm able to do it, then I can make a webpage with videoclips that

    will
    > prove ALL of the idiots in this newsgroup completely wrong.
    >
    > As I wil then be able to provide a video clip of my tv station with a logo
    > taking up almost the entire tv screen during the program.

    If this is your life's mission, I truly pity you.

    Mike
    Mike Kohary, Feb 23, 2004
  11. >> As I wil then be able to provide a video clip of my tv station with a logo
    >> taking up almost the entire tv screen during the program.

    >If this is your life's mission, I truly pity you.

    nah. I think my current life mission is to see what tv stations I can get on my
    tv that has a BUNCH more over-the-air tv frequencies than any other tv. ;)

    Not that I've ever seen anything on those extra channels. ;)
    Waterperson77, Feb 23, 2004
  12. Sam

    Jay Stewart Guest

    > of course now that I posted, you probably won't get an answer from

    anybody,
    > because the idiots in this newsgroup don't want me to be able to make a

    webpage
    > with proof of what I said, because they know that if I'm able to, that it

    will
    > make them all look like total morons since they claimed that it never

    happened
    > and claimed that there was never any tv station that had a full screen

    logo
    > during a program.
    >
    > They're afraid that they'll look like morons if I'm able to makee a

    webpage
    > with proof that they're wrong and I'm right.
    >
    > And you know something? They're right. It WILL make them look like

    complete
    > total morons if I'm able to put my proof up on a webpage somewhere.

    You need to seek therapy, perhaps begin a round of powerful medication.
    Seriously.
    Jay Stewart, Feb 23, 2004
  13. Sam

    Skid Guest

    "Jay Stewart" <> wrote in message

    > "Waterperson77" <> wrote in message

    > > They're afraid that they'll look like morons if I'm able to makee a

    > webpage
    > > with proof that they're wrong and I'm right.
    > >
    > > And you know something? They're right. It WILL make them look like

    > complete
    > > total morons if I'm able to put my proof up on a webpage somewhere.
    > >

    > You need to seek therapy, perhaps begin a round of powerful medication.
    > Seriously.

    I think the medication he's taking already is powerful enough.
    Skid, Feb 23, 2004