  1. I have a DVD writer and a video card in my computer.

    I have a few old family videos which I would like to put onto DVD if
    possible. Is this possible? I am running Windows XP. If so, what do I need?

    Neil Greenough, Oct 22, 2004

  2. www.dvdhelp.com

    Lonely Planet Boy, Oct 22, 2004

  3. Neil Greenough

    pcbutts1 Guest

    I have used this for years
    http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProd..._Id=&Section_Id=1999&pcount=&Product_Id=88962

    pcbutts1, Oct 22, 2004
  4. Neil Greenough

    Dan Evans Guest

    > I have a DVD writer and a video card in my computer.
    >
    > I have a few old family videos which I would like to put onto DVD if
    > possible. Is this possible? I am running Windows XP. If so, what do I

    need?

    When you say video card, do you mean a video input/grabber? If so, just
    connect your VCR to the card using appropriate cables, fire up the software
    you got with your card and follow the instructions.

    If you don't have a Video Grabber / TV card, you'll need one. I'm using a
    Hauppauge WinTV PVR350 for analogue - the PVR200 is just as good but lacks a
    few not really imporant for most people features. I'd avoid Pinnacle cards,
    I was using one before and it kept on dropping frames. But given that the
    retail on the Pinnacle 2 years ago was 90 euros, and the retail on the
    Hauppauge now is 335 euros, you can see where the difference is.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Oct 22, 2004