    Is it possible with this machine?

    Thanks
    , Sep 6, 2008

  2. Netmask Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have just bought a Philips DVP3350V Philips DVD-Payer/Videorecorder.
    >
    > It says:
    >
    > Direct Dubbing: for easy transfer of videos from DVD to VCR.
    >
    > What I want is to transfer old video tapes into DVD format.
    >
    > Is it possible with this machine?
    >
    > Thanks

    No you can't - this model is a DVD player (not a DVD recorder) with a VCR in
    the same cabinet.
    http://www.ciao.co.uk/Philips_DVP3350V__6670921#productdetail

    You need a DVD recorder or a USB video capture card something like this
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=612720&CatId=1428
    and then you could transfer your tapes to the computer to make a DVD - a
    much better solution and cheaper.
    Netmask, Sep 7, 2008

  3. Netmask Guest

    Netmask, Sep 7, 2008