    Not one of the demos that only allow 2 or 3 minutes of recording, but a
    real one with no time limit.
    Pete.
    Balto, May 20, 2005

  2. Balto

    Beachcomber Guest

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 17:56:44 +0200, "Balto" <>
    wrote:

    >Anyone out there know of a "free" video stream recorder /downloader?
    >Not one of the demos that only allow 2 or 3 minutes of recording, but a
    >real one with no time limit.
    >Pete.

    Windows Media Encoder is free but you have to download it from the
    Microsoft web site. I've recorded hours of good quality video in the
    ..wmv format (.wma for audio).

    I wouldn't call it "broadcast quality" video however. It is good
    quality streaming video and there are other factors that determine
    quality such as the speed of your computer and the complexity of your
    video card. (Better cards = more expensive).

    Beachcomber
    Beachcomber, May 20, 2005