    go through a major throughfare through to the kitchen and wireless would be
    better. It is a line of sight too. (no walls)

    solutions and suggestions?
    cowboyz, Nov 22, 2004

  2. cowboyz

    JohnO Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    news:cntesl$pim$...
    > I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a projector.

    My
    > plan goes a little like this.
    >
    > Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector and
    > have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room and play
    > games on 120'' screen.
    >
    > Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have looked at

    so
    > far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE said he knows of no
    > wireless solution that can send a RGB signal. Does anyone else?
    >
    > Failing that I could run a cable but the passage it would need to take

    would
    > go through a major throughfare through to the kitchen and wireless would

    be
    > better. It is a line of sight too. (no walls)
    >
    > solutions and suggestions?

    Use the tv-out on your video card and use an RCS video sender for that?
    JohnO, Nov 22, 2004

  3. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    "JohnO" <> wrote in message

    > "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a projector.

    > My
    > > plan goes a little like this.
    > >
    > > Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector and
    > > have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room and

    play
    > > games on 120'' screen.
    > >
    > > Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have looked

    at
    > so
    > > far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE said he knows of

    no
    > > wireless solution that can send a RGB signal. Does anyone else?
    > >
    > > Failing that I could run a cable but the passage it would need to take

    > would
    > > go through a major throughfare through to the kitchen and wireless would

    > be
    > > better. It is a line of sight too. (no walls)
    > >
    > > solutions and suggestions?
    > >

    > Use the tv-out on your video card and use an RCS video sender for that?

    I had that thought but 2 problems with it

    1. My projector already has the Svideo and RCA inputs occupied.

    2. tv out vs RGB in quality is worlds apart.

    In any case. I might just buy from DSE if there is not wireless RGB
    solution and send it back if it sucks.
    cowboyz, Nov 23, 2004
  4. cowboyz

    JohnO Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in message

    > "JohnO" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    > > > I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a

    projector.
    > > My
    > > > plan goes a little like this.
    > > >
    > > > Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector

    and
    > > > have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room and

    > play
    > > > games on 120'' screen.
    > > >
    > > > Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have looked

    > at
    > > so
    > > > far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE said he knows of

    > no
    > > > wireless solution that can send a RGB signal. Does anyone else?
    > > >
    > > > Failing that I could run a cable but the passage it would need to take

    > > would
    > > > go through a major throughfare through to the kitchen and wireless

    would
    > > be
    > > > better. It is a line of sight too. (no walls)
    > > >
    > > > solutions and suggestions?
    > > >

    > > Use the tv-out on your video card and use an RCS video sender for that?
    > >

    > I had that thought but 2 problems with it
    >
    > 1. My projector already has the Svideo and RCA inputs occupied.

    Geez, you running nasa control there or summut?

    > 2. tv out vs RGB in quality is worlds apart.

    Yeah I've found that too. Depending on the card it can be tweaked a bit but
    never seems to be as good as the original.

    > In any case. I might just buy from DSE if there is not wireless RGB
    > solution and send it back if it sucks.

    I recall seeing LAN RGB senders which theoretically could be sent over
    802.11g but they were silly expensive - about $400 and that was not
    wireless.
    JohnO, Nov 23, 2004
  5. In article <cntesl$pim$> in nz.comp on Tue, 23 Nov 2004
    08:32:26 +1300, cowboyz <> says...
    > I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a projector. My
    > plan goes a little like this.
    >
    > Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector and
    > have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room and play
    > games on 120'' screen.
    >
    > Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have looked at so
    > far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE said he knows of no
    > wireless solution that can send a RGB signal. Does anyone else?

    Well, you might get three video senders because there are three signals
    to send.
    Patrick Dunford, Nov 23, 2004
  6. cowboyz

    JohnO Guest

    "Patrick Dunford" <> wrote in message
    > In article <cntesl$pim$> in nz.comp on Tue, 23 Nov 2004
    > 08:32:26 +1300, cowboyz <> says...
    > > I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a projector.

    My
    > > plan goes a little like this.
    > >
    > > Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector and
    > > have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room and

    play
    > > games on 120'' screen.
    > >
    > > Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have looked

    at so
    > > far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE said he knows of

    no
    > > wireless solution that can send a RGB signal. Does anyone else?

    > Well, you might get three video senders because there are three signals
    > to send.

    All three signals can be multiplexed into one. That's how the LAN based RGB
    extenders work.
    JohnO, Nov 23, 2004
  7. In article <a5yod.9128$> in nz.comp on Tue, 23
    Nov 2004 16:25:57 +1300, JohnO <> says...

    > "Patrick Dunford" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <cntesl$pim$> in nz.comp on Tue, 23 Nov 2004
    > > 08:32:26 +1300, cowboyz <> says...
    > > > I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a projector.

    > My
    > > > plan goes a little like this.
    > > >
    > > > Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector and
    > > > have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room and

    > play
    > > > games on 120'' screen.
    > > >
    > > > Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have looked

    > at so
    > > > far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE said he knows of

    > no
    > > > wireless solution that can send a RGB signal. Does anyone else?

    > > Well, you might get three video senders because there are three signals
    > > to send.
    > >

    > All three signals can be multiplexed into one. That's how the LAN based RGB
    > extenders work.

    It is possible to combine the signals - it's called composite video.
    However certain limitations exist in trying to separate them out again -
    which is why component offers better quality.
    Patrick Dunford, Nov 23, 2004
  8. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    "JohnO" <> wrote in message

    > > In any case. I might just buy from DSE if there is not wireless RGB
    > > solution and send it back if it sucks.
    > >

    > I recall seeing LAN RGB senders which theoretically could be sent over
    > 802.11g but they were silly expensive - about $400 and that was not
    > wireless.

    Not an option I am willing to consider. Too expensive for what I want.
    I'll try the DSE Gigair one and see how it is via tvout.
    cowboyz, Nov 23, 2004
  9. cowboyz

    *K* Guest

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:32:26 +1300, "cowboyz" <> wrote:

    >I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a projector. My
    >plan goes a little like this.
    >
    >Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector and
    >have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room and play
    >games on 120'' screen.
    >
    >Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have looked at so
    >far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE said he knows of no
    >wireless solution that can send a RGB signal. Does anyone else?
    >
    >Failing that I could run a cable but the passage it would need to take would
    >go through a major throughfare through to the kitchen and wireless would be
    >better. It is a line of sight too. (no walls)
    >
    >solutions and suggestions?

    I suggest trying www.blackbox.co.nz im sure they could help out, but
    like a previous suggestion.... they aint cheap!
    *K*, Nov 23, 2004
  10. cowboyz

    michael Guest

    cowboyz wrote:
    > I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a projector. My
    > plan goes a little like this.
    >
    > Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector and
    > have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room and play
    > games on 120'' screen.
    >
    > Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have looked at so
    > far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE said he knows of no
    > wireless solution that can send a RGB signal. Does anyone else?
    >
    > Failing that I could run a cable but the passage it would need to take would
    > go through a major throughfare through to the kitchen and wireless would be
    > better. It is a line of sight too. (no walls)
    >
    > solutions and suggestions?

    1. go to jaycar and buy some really long cables, rgb or rca sockets
    and wall plates (like for you light switches
    2. turn of the electricity in your house
    3. pull off the wall plate for the electricity socket
    near you computer.
    4. disconnect the electric cables from the back of the wall socket
    5. tie some string to the cables
    6. tie your cables to the electric cable
    7. go up into your roof
    8 pull the electic cable up and the string and the new cables
    make sure the string still also hangs out the hole in the wall
    9 untie your new cables and pull them 90% up into the roof
    11 cut hole in wall, fit nice new wall plate with RCA connctors (bought
    from jaycar or dse)
    12 go to projecter room and repeat steps 3-5
    13 go into roof
    14 pull up electric cable for projector room. tie new cables to it
    15 repeat steps 10 and 11
    connect projector to new rgb outlets on wall
    connect pc to rgb inputs on wall.

    I've done this and as long as you take care pulling the cables
    through - and double, tripple check your power of OFF
    you should be okay. If in doubt get an electrician to help you.
    michael, Nov 24, 2004
  11. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    michael wrote:
    > cowboyz wrote:
    >> I have a dual monitor setup and about 10 metres away I have a
    >> projector. My plan goes a little like this.
    >>
    >> Have a setup where I can switch one of the monitors to the projector
    >> and have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit in the next room
    >> and play games on 120'' screen.
    >>
    >> Now the projector has a RGB input, but the video senders I have
    >> looked at so far (gigair) only support RCA. The sales guy at DSE
    >> said he knows of no wireless solution that can send a RGB signal.
    >> Does anyone else?
    >>
    >> Failing that I could run a cable but the passage it would need to
    >> take would go through a major throughfare through to the kitchen and
    >> wireless would be better. It is a line of sight too. (no walls)
    >>
    >> solutions and suggestions?
    >>

    > 1. go to jaycar and buy some really long cables, rgb or rca sockets
    > and wall plates (like for you light switches
    > 2. turn of the electricity in your house
    > 3. pull off the wall plate for the electricity socket
    > near you computer.
    > 4. disconnect the electric cables from the back of the wall socket
    > 5. tie some string to the cables
    > 6. tie your cables to the electric cable
    > 7. go up into your roof
    > 8 pull the electic cable up and the string and the new cables
    > make sure the string still also hangs out the hole in the wall
    > 9 untie your new cables and pull them 90% up into the roof
    > 11 cut hole in wall, fit nice new wall plate with RCA connctors
    > (bought from jaycar or dse)
    > 12 go to projecter room and repeat steps 3-5
    > 13 go into roof
    > 14 pull up electric cable for projector room. tie new cables to it
    > 15 repeat steps 10 and 11
    > connect projector to new rgb outlets on wall
    > connect pc to rgb inputs on wall.
    >
    > I've done this and as long as you take care pulling the cables
    > through - and double, tripple check your power of OFF
    > you should be okay. If in doubt get an electrician to help you.

    Good plan but I am a sharemilker and don't own the house and the owner is
    not keen on the idea. That was my first idea.
    cowboyz, Nov 24, 2004