    use. re installing windows doesn't do anything since i have done that for
    other reasons and stuff a few times on this pc.

    I have it set 1280x1024 .
    msi, May 5, 2004

  2. msi

    The Prophecy Guest

    msi wrote:
    > all the time my monitor refresh goes worse then 75 or 85 hz. I'll see
    > it begin to flicker barely or hurt my eyes then have to reset it. i
    > will set it for 75 hz, it will be fine, then after a while, weeks or
    > whatever have to set it for 85 hz cus it looses the 75 hz or
    > something and hurts my eyes. literally there is a difference and it
    > lost the 75 hz. the same thig happens for 85 hz and i have to reset
    > it for 75 hz then it is fine again. then it will go bad again
    > sometime and i change it to 85 hz, back and forth.
    >
    > i've got an ati radeon 9700 pro also. and it doesn't matter what
    > driver i use. re installing windows doesn't do anything since i have
    > done that for other reasons and stuff a few times on this pc.
    >
    > I have it set 1280x1024 .

    Have you tried using a different monitor?
    The Prophecy, May 5, 2004

  3. msi

    msi Guest

    no, but i don't thnk it is the monitor. i think it's the video card drivers.

    a monitor can not tlel software what to do like that.

    msi, May 6, 2004
  4. msi

    The Prophecy Guest

    True. Try updating the drivers then.....

    The Prophecy, May 6, 2004
  5. msi

    msi Guest

    > True. Try updating the drivers then.....
    >
    > msi wrote:
    > > no, but i don't thnk it is the monitor. i think it's the video card
    > > drivers.
    > >
    > > a monitor can not tlel software what to do like that.
    > >

    > > "The Prophecy" <> wrote in message

    > >> Have you tried using a different monitor?

    i have thought of doing that, but am lazy I suppose. It might even happen on
    the latest or I am using the latest, I don't remember lol. I don't think i
    am.

    Being there is so much talk about ATI and drivers problems over the last 3
    years, that is the only thing I can think of.
    msi, May 6, 2004
  6. msi

    The Prophecy Guest

    msi wrote:
    > "The Prophecy" <> wrote in message
    >> True. Try updating the drivers then.....
    >>
    >> msi wrote:
    >>> no, but i don't thnk it is the monitor. i think it's the video card
    >>> drivers.
    >>>
    >>> a monitor can not tlel software what to do like that.
    >>>

    >>> "The Prophecy" <> wrote in message

    > i have thought of doing that, but am lazy I suppose. It might even
    > happen on the latest or I am using the latest, I don't remember lol.
    > I don't think i am.
    >
    > Being there is so much talk about ATI and drivers problems over the
    > last 3 years, that is the only thing I can think of.

    ok if you're that lazy tell me exactly what card you have i'll give you a
    direct download link to the drivers you need.
    The Prophecy, May 6, 2004
  7. msi

    msi Guest

    > msi wrote:
    > > "The Prophecy" <> wrote in message
    > >> True. Try updating the drivers then.....

    > > i have thought of doing that, but am lazy I suppose. It might even
    > > happen on the latest or I am using the latest, I don't remember lol.
    > > I don't think i am.
    > >
    > > Being there is so much talk about ATI and drivers problems over the
    > > last 3 years, that is the only thing I can think of.

    > ok if you're that lazy tell me exactly what card you have i'll give you a
    > direct download link to the drivers you need.

    I don't need you to get me a link, i can just go to ati web site and get
    them when i feel like it. thanks tho. if the problem happened on a daily or
    few days basis then i would do it, but it's only once in a while. so it's
    not like ticking me off yet.
    msi, May 6, 2004
  8. msi

    The Prophecy Guest

    msi wrote:
    > "The Prophecy" <> wrote in message
    >> msi wrote:
    >>> "The Prophecy" <> wrote in message

    >>> i have thought of doing that, but am lazy I suppose. It might even
    >>> happen on the latest or I am using the latest, I don't remember lol.
    >>> I don't think i am.
    >>>
    >>> Being there is so much talk about ATI and drivers problems over the
    >>> last 3 years, that is the only thing I can think of.

    >> ok if you're that lazy tell me exactly what card you have i'll give
    >> you a direct download link to the drivers you need.
    >>

    > I don't need you to get me a link, i can just go to ati web site and
    > get them when i feel like it. thanks tho. if the problem happened on
    > a daily or few days basis then i would do it, but it's only once in a
    > while. so it's not like ticking me off yet.

    OK well it would be smart to update those drivers ASAP.
    The Prophecy, May 6, 2004
  9. msi

    msi Guest

    > msi wrote:
    > > "The Prophecy" <> wrote in message

    > >> ok if you're that lazy tell me exactly what card you have i'll give
    > >> you a direct download link to the drivers you need.
    > >>

    > > I don't need you to get me a link, i can just go to ati web site and
    > > get them when i feel like it. thanks tho. if the problem happened on
    > > a daily or few days basis then i would do it, but it's only once in a
    > > while. so it's not like ticking me off yet.

    > OK well it would be smart to update those drivers ASAP.

    yeah it sure would be lol.
    msi, May 6, 2004