    it to 75hz and it won't hurt my eyes anymore. this is going on for like
    ever. re installing drivers and windows doesn't do anything either. what
    could be the issue?

    heavenbound, May 18, 2004

  2. heavenbound

    Jerry G. Guest

    If you are using XP or XP-Pro, uninstall the monitor only. Now reboot the
    machine. Do not install the monitor drivers from the manufacture
    installation disk. Install the drivers that come with XP. If XP does not
    have your monitor listed, you can use any Samsung compatible driver from XP.

    I remember reading some bulletins about this, for a number of monitor types.
    I cannot remember where I got them from.

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    "heavenbound" <> wrote in message
    I've got an ati radeon 9700 pro latest drivers. win xp pro sp1 all updates.
    samsung sync master 955DF monitor.

    i have it set 1280x1024 75 hz. sometimes when i boot the pc the refresh rate
    is flickinering on the screen so i can see the flicker just barely and it
    hurts my eyes. the display still says it's 75 hz, but it's not. i know it. i
    will then change it to 85hz and the problem goes away and it no longer hurts
    my eyes. the problem will happen again later. same thing. then i will change

    Jerry G., May 18, 2004

  3. heavenbound

    heavenbound Guest

    i did not even have the drivers for the monitor installed and windows xp
    does not know what this monitor is that i know, just says plug n play
    monitor. but just now i installed from the samsung cd. i dont think that
    makes a diff though cus ive done it before with the same issues.

    heavenbound, May 18, 2004