    I have a recurring problem in which my system boots up to a lower resolution
    and large icons and under device manager it lists two monitors. Once I
    remove the monitors and reboot everything seems fine. Any ideas?

    CLV3, Sep 12, 2004

  2. CLV3

    Dan Guest

    On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:39:01 GMT, "CLV3" <> wrote:

    >I have a recurring problem in which my system boots up to a lower resolution
    >and large icons and under device manager it lists two monitors. Once I
    >remove the monitors and reboot everything seems fine. Any ideas?

    Try disabling one monitor in device manager and setting the other to
    your previous settings. If this doesn't work, swap them and try it
    with the other monitor. Maybe someone's got a backdoor on your
    computer and needs the other monitor driver installed? ;)

    Dan

    Dan, Sep 13, 2004

  3. CLV3

    me Guest

    have you or anyone else made any recent hardware changes? Have you recently
    done an antivirus scan using an up to date AV program to rule out the
    possibility of a virus? Is your computer connected to the internet and do
    you use a firewall to limit outside access from the internet? Do you
    actually use two monitors? What OS are you using?

    me, Sep 13, 2004
  4. On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:39:01 GMT, "CLV3" <> wrote:

    >I have a recurring problem in which my system boots up to a lower resolution
    >and large icons and under device manager it lists two monitors. Once I
    >remove the monitors and reboot everything seems fine. Any ideas?

    I think some games will cause that.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Sep 13, 2004
  5. CLV3

    Ron Y Guest

    I had a corrupted set of video drivers casue the exact thing on a machine.
    Try reloading the video and monitor drivers.

    Ron Y, Sep 15, 2004
  6. "CLV3" <> wrote in message
    > I have a recurring problem in which my system boots up to a lower

    resolution
    > and large icons and under device manager it lists two monitors. Once

    > remove the monitors and reboot everything seems fine. Any ideas?

    uh, your plug and play is detecting the monitor and installing drivers
    for it and it isnt using the ones you already have installed perhaps
    because they're the wrong drivers? just a thought!
    --
    Brought to you courtesy of Kozanski's Morgue & Grill

    Solomon Kozanski, Sep 21, 2004