    getting black and white on my UK TV. I have the Monitor setting at PAL, am I
    missing something else? I am using Windows XP Pro.
    Derek.
    Derek F, Feb 27, 2004

  2. "Derek F" <> wrote in
    news:c1o480$4no$:

    > I have an ATI AllinWonder Radeon 9800SE. When using video out I am
    > only getting black and white on my UK TV. I have the Monitor setting
    > at PAL, am I missing something else? I am using Windows XP Pro.
    > Derek.

    You've checked the obvious of latest drivers and made sure the cable was
    securely in place right?

    Sometimes (when using S-Video cables) if it's not in quite right it'll not
    show up correctly.

    -=/ Someone@TheDailySpank /=-
    TheDailySpank, Feb 28, 2004

  3. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    "TheDailySpank" <> wrote in message
    > "Derek F" <> wrote in
    >
    > > I have an ATI AllinWonder Radeon 9800SE. When using video out I am
    > > only getting black and white on my UK TV. I have the Monitor setting
    > > at PAL, am I missing something else? I am using Windows XP Pro.
    > > Derek.

    > You've checked the obvious of latest drivers and made sure the cable was
    > securely in place right?
    >
    > Sometimes (when using S-Video cables) if it's not in quite right it'll not
    > show up correctly.
    >
    > -=/ Someone@TheDailySpank /=-

    Yes, I downloaded the latest drivers and everything seems as snug as a bug
    in a rug. I have tried S-Video and composite video cables.
    Derek.
    Derek F, Feb 28, 2004
  4. Derek F wrote:
    :: I have an ATI AllinWonder Radeon 9800SE. When using video out I am
    :: only getting black and white on my UK TV. I have the Monitor setting
    :: at PAL, am I missing something else? I am using Windows XP Pro.
    :: Derek.

    These seem the possibilities, other than the card or the tv being faulty:

    a) The cable you are using is incorrect. If it is attempting to use the
    chrominance and luminance signals rather than the composite video, it may
    not be processing the chrominance.
    b) Your properties settings for the TV could have the colour set to minimum.
    But I assume that you have looked at that?
    eric the seal, Feb 28, 2004
  5. Derek F

    Derek F Guest

    "eric the seal" <> wrote in message
    > Derek F wrote:
    > :: I have an ATI AllinWonder Radeon 9800SE. When using video out I am
    > :: only getting black and white on my UK TV. I have the Monitor setting
    > :: at PAL, am I missing something else? I am using Windows XP Pro.
    > :: Derek.
    >
    > These seem the possibilities, other than the card or the tv being faulty:
    >
    > a) The cable you are using is incorrect. If it is attempting to use the
    > chrominance and luminance signals rather than the composite video, it may
    > not be processing the chrominance.
    > b) Your properties settings for the TV could have the colour set to

    minimum.
    > But I assume that you have looked at that?

    The card is new and all the other functions work OK. Colour is set to
    Maximum and the TV is new this week.
    Initially I was not getting the TV picture from the card on my PC. A
    Microsoft search found that it was caused by the latest version of DirectX 9
    that I was using which evidently only suited Japanese TV.
    Derek.
    Derek F, Feb 28, 2004