    card, if I can avoid it...

    Cheers,

    Worm

    Worm, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Worm

    SNOman Guest

    Worm wrote:

    > Hey, wanting to get monitor output on TV screen....but my existing video
    > card has neither a video out plug, or S-Video plug - just the monitor plug.
    >
    > Is there some sort of "splitting" converting gadget available anywhere so I
    > can run the video to the TV with an AV lead? I'd rather not buy a new video
    > card, if I can avoid it...
    >

    > Cheers,
    >
    > Worm

    You want something like this

    http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/40f1fa680f77dc44273fc0a87f990773/Product/View/XH4624

    SNOman, Jul 12, 2004

  3. Worm

    Mutlley Guest

    "Worm" <> wrote:

    >Hey, wanting to get monitor output on TV screen....but my existing video
    >card has neither a video out plug, or S-Video plug - just the monitor plug.
    >
    >Is there some sort of "splitting" converting gadget available anywhere so I
    >can run the video to the TV with an AV lead? I'd rather not buy a new video
    >card, if I can avoid it...
    >

    >Cheers,
    >
    >Worm

    My be here.

    http://www.dynalink.co.nz/

    PC-TV Box Scan Converter

    Mutlley, Jul 12, 2004
  4. Worm

    Ferg Guest

    Could get a new graphics card for these prices...

    Ferg

    Ferg, Jul 12, 2004
  5. Worm

    paora Guest

    On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:35:00 +1200, "Worm"
    <> wrote:

    >Hey, wanting to get monitor output on TV screen....but my existing video
    >card has neither a video out plug, or S-Video plug - just the monitor plug.
    >
    >Is there some sort of "splitting" converting gadget available anywhere so I
    >can run the video to the TV with an AV lead? I'd rather not buy a new video
    >card, if I can avoid it...

    hells bells are the two recommended products the same thing or not?

    DSE special price $108 (regular price $128)
    Dynalink RRP - $269

    whoa!!!

    paora, Jul 12, 2004
  6. Worm

    Mutlley Guest

    (paora) wrote:

    >On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 14:35:00 +1200, "Worm"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Hey, wanting to get monitor output on TV screen....but my existing video
    >>card has neither a video out plug, or S-Video plug - just the monitor plug.
    >>
    >>Is there some sort of "splitting" converting gadget available anywhere so I
    >>can run the video to the TV with an AV lead? I'd rather not buy a new video
    >>card, if I can avoid it...
    >>

    >hells bells are the two recommended products the same thing or not?
    >
    >DSE special price $108 (regular price $128)
    >Dynalink RRP - $269
    >
    >whoa!!!

    They sure as hell look like it. Some of DSE pricing these days is
    pretty good..

    Mutlley, Jul 12, 2004
  7. Worm

    GraB Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Hey, wanting to get monitor output on TV screen....but my existing video
    >card has neither a video out plug, or S-Video plug - just the monitor plug.
    >
    >Is there some sort of "splitting" converting gadget available anywhere so I
    >can run the video to the TV with an AV lead? I'd rather not buy a new video
    >card, if I can avoid it...

    Is your existing video card worth keeping? Depending on your needs
    you could get a new video card which mostly come with TV Out quite
    cheaply.

    GraB, Jul 12, 2004
  8. Worm

    Worm Guest

    Hnmm, indeed. For those dollars I think I'd rather buy another graphics
    card...

    Worm, Jul 12, 2004
  9. Worm

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Worm" <> wrote in message
    > Hey, wanting to get monitor output on TV screen....but my existing video
    > card has neither a video out plug, or S-Video plug - just the monitor

    plug.

    > Is there some sort of "splitting" converting gadget available anywhere so

    > can run the video to the TV with an AV lead? I'd rather not buy a new

    video
    > card, if I can avoid it...
    >

    > Cheers,
    >
    > Worm

    Sounds like with your setup you'd need a proper converter as well as the
    lead.
    Be cheaper and better in the long run to change the video card. 800 X 600
    on the TV still doesn't match the quality of a monitor. It's quite
    watchable though.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Jul 12, 2004
  10. Worm

    Bart Guest

    "Worm" <> wrote in message
    > Hey, wanting to get monitor output on TV screen....but my existing video
    > card has neither a video out plug, or S-Video plug - just the monitor

    plug.

    > Is there some sort of "splitting" converting gadget available anywhere so

    > can run the video to the TV with an AV lead? I'd rather not buy a new

    video
    > card, if I can avoid it...
    >

    > Cheers,
    >
    > Worm

    I purchased a new card with VIVO (video in video out) last week. It even had
    128Mb on board and only set me back $86.00

    Bart, Jul 12, 2004
  11. Have a look on trademe.
    GeForce2, 4mx are almost worthless and many have TV out.
    Make sure its AGP4x compatable (voltage issues with old AGP cards)

    Steve Robertson, Jul 12, 2004
  12. In article <>,
    says...
    > Hey, wanting to get monitor output on TV screen....but my existing video
    > card has neither a video out plug, or S-Video plug - just the monitor plug.
    >
    > Is there some sort of "splitting" converting gadget available anywhere so I
    > can run the video to the TV with an AV lead? I'd rather not buy a new video
    > card, if I can avoid it...

    Yes, but a scan converter probably costs more than a video card with a TV
    output

    RdM, Jul 13, 2004
  14. Worm

    RdM Guest

    RdM <> wrote:
    (oops, meant to paste a couple of links:-wrong key!)

    : "Worm" <> wrote:
    :
    : : Hey, wanting to get monitor output on TV screen....but my existing video
    : : card has neither a video out plug, or S-Video plug - just the monitor plug.
    : :
    : : Is there some sort of "splitting" converting gadget available anywhere so I
    : : can run the video to the TV with an AV lead? I'd rather not buy a new video
    : : card, if I can avoid it...

    If you are the keen handy tech inclined sort, you might even build your own
    http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/vga2tv/ (and, linked within)
    http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/vga2tv/cindex.html

    I started one but ended up buying a 4mb SIS 6326 maybe a couple years ago.
    I'm starting to fantasise about a more modern card, now;-)

    RdM, Jul 13, 2004