    It has worked consistently for me on YouTube, but now it
    doesn't work at all, even after uninstalling and re-installing.
    Anyone else having this problem?

    Glenn S., Sep 1, 2007

  2. Glenn S. wrote:
    > It has worked consistently for me on YouTube, but now it
    > doesn't work at all, even after uninstalling and re-installing.
    > Anyone else having this problem?

    nope, no problems at all. Have you got the latest flash
    installed? Are you using a flash blocker or an adblocker or
    anything similar? Are you using a HOSTS file?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 1, 2007

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 1, 2007
  4. Glenn S.

    Glenn S. Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote in alt.fan.mozilla...

    >Glenn S. wrote:
    >> It has worked consistently for me on YouTube, but now it
    >> doesn't work at all, even after uninstalling and re-installing.
    >> Anyone else having this problem?

    >nope, no problems at all. Have you got the latest flash
    >installed? Are you using a flash blocker or an adblocker or
    >anything similar? Are you using a HOSTS file?

    I've got the latest flash player. I don't know what a HOSTS
    file is, so I'm probably not using one.

    The only change I've made lately to my system was to ad
    AdBlock Plus as an add-on. It's the only ad blocker I was using. I
    uninstalled it, but Ook still doesn't work.

    I also downloaded a freebie program called Orbit. It
    downloads everything perfectly in IE6, but it won't work in Firefox,
    either.
    http://www.orbitdownloader.com/index.htm

    Thanks for replying.

    Glenn S., Sep 2, 2007
  5. Glenn S. wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > <> wrote in alt.fan.mozilla...
    >
    >> Glenn S. wrote:
    >>> It has worked consistently for me on YouTube, but now it
    >>> doesn't work at all, even after uninstalling and re-installing.
    >>> Anyone else having this problem?

    >> nope, no problems at all. Have you got the latest flash
    >> installed? Are you using a flash blocker or an adblocker or
    >> anything similar? Are you using a HOSTS file?

    > I've got the latest flash player. I don't know what a HOSTS
    > file is, so I'm probably not using one.
    >
    > The only change I've made lately to my system was to ad
    > AdBlock Plus as an add-on. It's the only ad blocker I was using. I
    > uninstalled it, but Ook still doesn't work.
    >
    > I also downloaded a freebie program called Orbit. It
    > downloads everything perfectly in IE6, but it won't work in Firefox,
    > either.
    > http://www.orbitdownloader.com/index.htm
    >
    > Thanks for replying.

    can you provide a direct link to the video so others can
    test it out and see whats going on. Thanks

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 2, 2007
  6. Glenn S.

    History Fan Guest

    "Glenn S." <> wrote in message

    > It has worked consistently for me on YouTube, but now it
    > doesn't work at all, even after uninstalling and re-installing.
    > Anyone else having this problem?

    I use an extension called DownloadHelper. Check out the link below and
    see if it might be a suitable replacement:

    History Fan, Sep 2, 2007
  7. Glenn S.

    elaich Guest

    Glenn S. <> wrote in

    > It has worked consistently for me on YouTube, but now it
    > doesn't work at all, even after uninstalling and re-installing.
    > Anyone else having this problem?

    Video Download Helper has also ceased to work on Youtube. I suspect they
    are blocking. Never mind, there are alternatives that still work, but I
    won't mention them here. They are easy enough to find.

    --
    A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
    Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

    elaich, Sep 2, 2007
  8. elaich wrote:
    > Glenn S. <> wrote in
    >
    >> It has worked consistently for me on YouTube, but now it
    >> doesn't work at all, even after uninstalling and re-installing.
    >> Anyone else having this problem?
    >>

    > Video Download Helper has also ceased to work on Youtube. I suspect they
    > are blocking. Never mind, there are alternatives that still work, but I
    > won't mention them here. They are easy enough to find.

    why not mention them here? Others should be aware of them.
    Most can't find such things.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Sep 2, 2007