    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Matt

    Matthew Plummer, Sep 12, 2006

  2. Matthew Plummer wrote:
    > Hi Everyone-
    >
    > Maybe someone can help me with what I think is a setting issue.
    >
    > On the CNN.com website, I am unable to view any of the videos. When I click
    > on a story from the main page with the camera icon next to it, Firefox
    > launches a player, but the video area remains black (blank) and the play
    > button does nothing.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Matt

    Video from CNN has been chancy in the past, but I tested just now and it
    plays well. I got a warning that they could not identify my version of
    WMP, not surprising, since I'm on a Mac using Flip4Mac.

    Works on Ubuntu with MPlayer as well.

    Okay, its working on XP too.

    What version of FF are you using? There was a problem with WMP and
    1.5.0.5. The upgrade to 1.5.0.6 fixed it.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Sep 12, 2006

  3. Matthew Plummer

    gwtc Guest

    try the wmp patch: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/important.html#WMP

    --
    Pic of the Day -- What a CyberStud looks like:
    http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cyberstudnc6.jpg

    gwtc, Sep 12, 2006
  4. Matthew Plummer

    History Fan Guest

    "Matthew Plummer" <> wrote in
    message news:nqENg.512$...
    > Hi Everyone-
    >
    > Maybe someone can help me with what I think is a setting issue.
    >
    > On the CNN.com website, I am unable to view any of the videos. When I
    > click on a story from the main page with the camera icon next to it,
    > Firefox launches a player, but the video area remains black (blank) and
    > the play button does nothing.

    This has happened to me before. I deleted all my cookies and
    temporary internet files. Restarted Firefox, and then the videos at CNN.com
    played fine.

    History Fan, Sep 13, 2006
  5. "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    > "Matthew Plummer" <> wrote in
    > message news:nqENg.512$...
    >> Hi Everyone-
    >>
    >> Maybe someone can help me with what I think is a setting issue.
    >>
    >> On the CNN.com website, I am unable to view any of the videos. When I
    >> click on a story from the main page with the camera icon next to it,
    >> Firefox launches a player, but the video area remains black (blank) and
    >> the play button does nothing.
    >>

    > This has happened to me before. I deleted all my cookies and
    > temporary internet files. Restarted Firefox, and then the videos at
    > CNN.com played fine.

    Thanks. Clearing the cookies and temporary internet files fixed the
    problem.

    MCP

    Matthew Plummer, Sep 13, 2006
  6. Matthew Plummer

    gwtc Guest

    Matthew Plummer wrote:
    > "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    >> "Matthew Plummer" <> wrote in
    >> message news:nqENg.512$...
    >>> Hi Everyone-
    >>>
    >>> Maybe someone can help me with what I think is a setting issue.
    >>>
    >>> On the CNN.com website, I am unable to view any of the videos. When I
    >>> click on a story from the main page with the camera icon next to it,
    >>> Firefox launches a player, but the video area remains black (blank) and
    >>> the play button does nothing.
    >>>

    >> This has happened to me before. I deleted all my cookies and
    >> temporary internet files. Restarted Firefox, and then the videos at
    >> CNN.com played fine.
    >>

    > Thanks. Clearing the cookies and temporary internet files fixed the
    > problem.
    >
    > MCP

    just for everyone's information, and just being picky, but temporary
    internet files are an IE thing. In Firefox they're called cache files.

    --
    A bartender is sitting behind the bar on a typical day, when the door
    bursts open and in come four exuberant blondes. They come up to the
    bar, order five bottles of champagne and ten glasses, take their order
    over and sit down at a large table. The corks are popped, the glasses
    are filled and they begin toasting and chanting, "51 days, 51 days, 51
    days!" Soon, three more blondes arrive, take up their drinks and the
    chanting grows. "51 days, 51 days, 51 days!" Two more blondes show up
    and soon their voices are joined in raising the roof. "51 days, 51
    days, 51 days!" Finally, the tenth blonde comes in with a picture
    under her arm. She walks over to the table, sets the picture in the
    middle and the table erupts. Up jumps the others, they begin dancing
    around the table, exchanging high-fives, all the while chanting "51
    days, 51 days, 51 days!" The bartender can't contain his curiosity
    any longer, so he walks over to the table. There in the center is a
    beautifully framed . . . to be continued!

    gwtc, Sep 13, 2006