    a video mode that records in stereo?
    I checked the Kodak cameras - all seem to be mono.
    , Jan 30, 2005

  2. Darrell Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there any camera out there with
    > a video mode that records in stereo?
    > I checked the Kodak cameras - all seem to be mono.

    Buy a video camera! The sound on every digital P&S camera I seen is mono and
    sounds tinny.
    Darrell, Jan 30, 2005

  3. Guest

    Re: video modes with stereo sound? Any?

    I don't want a video camera. Even low quality
    recordings can sound amazing when recorded in
    "stereo" with directional, spread field mics.
    The playback, especially with headphones,
    puts you right there.
    , Jan 31, 2005
  4. Guest

    Re: video modes with stereo sound? Any?

    Even on high end digitals, the video function is secondary, and is
    usually low-res, low frame rate. Hi-fi sound for a low-fi image is not
    going to be a common feature.
    I'm not aware of any, but good luck in your search.
    , Jan 31, 2005
  5. BG250 Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I don't want a video camera. Even low quality
    > recordings can sound amazing when recorded in
    > "stereo" with directional, spread field mics.
    > The playback, especially with headphones,
    > puts you right there.

    I'm not aware of any. I would still consider a digital video recorder. Some
    are very compact. Digicams are not engineered well for sound and video.
    bg
    BG250, Jan 31, 2005
  6. Scott Guest

    Scott, Feb 1, 2005
  7. Guest

    Re: video modes with stereo sound? Any?

    Nice, but way too much for me.

    I wonder how long before these video specs in this
    camera are standard issue in cameras under $300.

    I'll know it's arrived when I see Kodak's first
    stereo :).

    Scott wrote:
    > This camera was just announced mentions stereo sound
    >
    > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0501/05013101casioexp505.asp
    >
    > Scott
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > > Is there any camera out there with
    > > a video mode that records in stereo?
    > > I checked the Kodak cameras - all seem to be mono.

    , Feb 6, 2005
  8. Guest

    Re: video modes with stereo sound? Any?

    Woh. I thought this would be a thousand. I just found an online price
    for $500.
    , Feb 6, 2005