    something that I am not aware of.
    Can anyone help me with this.

    thanks
    S S, Apr 9, 2007

  2. S S

    Bucky Guest

    On Apr 9, 12:20 am, "S S" <> wrote:
    > I have taken some video clips but they wont play back on PC, I am using
    > Windows media player.
    > Error message is :- `File extension not recognised` .THM format.

    you're not supposed to play the .thm files. You can delete them, I'm
    not even sure what they're used for. Play the .avi files instead.
    Bucky, Apr 9, 2007

  3. S S

    S S Guest

    Thanks thats working.
    You can tell I dont use video often. Duh!

    Thank you.

    S S, Apr 9, 2007
  4. S S

    Mark B. Guest

    "Bucky" <> wrote in message
    > On Apr 9, 12:20 am, "S S" <> wrote:
    >> I have taken some video clips but they wont play back on PC, I am using
    >> Windows media player.
    >> Error message is :- `File extension not recognised` .THM format.

    > you're not supposed to play the .thm files. You can delete them, I'm
    > not even sure what they're used for. Play the .avi files instead.

    The .thm is just a thumbnail of the video, it's a .jpg with a different
    extension.

    Mark
    Mark B., Apr 9, 2007
  5. S S

    JC Dill Guest

    On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 06:15:54 -0400, "Mark B."
    <> wrote:

    >"Bucky" <> wrote in message
    >> On Apr 9, 12:20 am, "S S" <> wrote:
    >>> I have taken some video clips but they wont play back on PC, I am using
    >>> Windows media player.
    >>> Error message is :- `File extension not recognised` .THM format.

    >> you're not supposed to play the .thm files. You can delete them, I'm
    >> not even sure what they're used for. Play the .avi files instead.
    >>

    >The .thm is just a thumbnail of the video, it's a .jpg with a different
    >extension.

    I believe the .thm files are small jpegs used to display the still
    image in your camera screen when you scroll thru all the files (photos
    and videos) in playback mode.

    They can be renamed .jpg and used for thumbnails on your computer,
    website, etc. They are quite useful as thumbnails, if you need
    thumbnails of this size. Otherwise just discard them.

    jc

    ~ Eileen Morgan of The Mare's Nest, PA
    JC Dill, Apr 9, 2007
  6. S S

    Bucky Guest

    On Apr 9, 8:02 am, JC Dill <> wrote:
    > They can be renamed .jpg and used for thumbnails on your computer,
    > website, etc. They are quite useful as thumbnails, if you need
    > thumbnails of this size. Otherwise just discard them.

    ah, thanks, I never knew that. I had always assumed it was a "theme"
    metadata file or something.
    Bucky, Apr 11, 2007