Video Format and Software

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by shapper, May 29, 2008.

  1. shapper

    shapper Guest

    Hello,

    I have various movie DVD's.
    I want to convert them to a digital format.
    I am planning to see it using a PlayStation 3 or a MediaCenter, ...

    I would like a format that would take less space then a DVD but
    preserving good image and sound quality and common so I don't have
    problems in reading it later.
    Of course I would like to preserve the video features like subtitles
    and so on ...

    What format should I use? Divx, AAC, ...? Any other?

    What conversion software should I use? I would like a good one ...
    Does not need to be free.

    Thank You,
    Miguel

    shapper, May 29, 2008