    6600gt
    1gig ram.

    Thanks
    Jimbob, Apr 1, 2006

  2. Jimbob

    Jimbob Guest

    Jimbob wrote:

    >Snip<

    Nvm sorted ;)
    Jimbob, Apr 1, 2006

  3. Jimbob <Me@nofkinspam-mofo's.com> said in
    news::

    > Hi
    >
    > I have a problem at the moment and wondered if anyone could
    > help.
    >
    > I recently did a clean install of win xp and ever since i've
    > had problems playing video files, both in windows media
    > player and on web pages with embedded files. In both cases,
    > when they are loaded my pc becomes very unstable and my
    > mouse only seems to move every few seconds and obviously the
    > files don't play. Could this be a vid card driver problem?
    >
    > Specs:
    >
    > Xp
    > 6600gt
    > 1gig ram.
    >
    > Thanks

    I see you sorted it. Proper codecs? You should also get Media Player Classic from
    sourceforge. Anyway, if you did a clean install of XP and want to speed up the process of
    doing anything with AVI files here's a simple regedit:

    1. Open up regedit
    2. Goto HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.avi\shellex\PropertyHandler
    3. Delete the "Default" value which should be "{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-
    5FE6850DC73E}"

    AVIcodec is faster and does a better job than the crap XP scanning anyway.
    Whatevernevermind, Apr 1, 2006
  4. Jimbob

    Jimbob Guest

    Whatevernevermind wrote:

    > I see you sorted it. Proper codecs?

    No, i forgot to install the m/b drivers ;)

    >You should also get Media Player Classic from
    > sourceforge. Anyway, if you did a clean install of XP and want to speed up the process of
    > doing anything with AVI files here's a simple regedit:
    >
    > 1. Open up regedit
    > 2. Goto HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.avi\shellex\PropertyHandler
    > 3. Delete the "Default" value which should be "{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-
    > 5FE6850DC73E}"
    >
    > AVIcodec is faster and does a better job than the crap XP scanning anyway.

    Will do, thanks.
    Jimbob, Apr 1, 2006