    put onDVD. They are VOB files on the DVD
    How can I convert VOB files to MPEG2 so I can edit ?

    thanks

    serge, May 6, 2004

  2. serge

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    serge wrote:

    > I had my old home movies (8mm no sound) converted from analog to digital and
    > put onDVD. They are VOB files on the DVD
    > How can I convert VOB files to MPEG2 so I can edit ?
    >
    > thanks

    You don't have to. Most of the editing programs I have found allow you
    to import VOB files directly. I use either Ulead Movie Factory or
    Ulead Video Workshop for this.

    If whoever copied them for you also protected them, then you will need
    to rip them from the DVD using something like Smartripper.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, May 6, 2004

  3. serge

    serge Guest

    I have already ripped the VOB files and as far as I know there no
    encryption..
    Do you know of Pinnacle studio 9 will open a VOB file ?

    serge, May 6, 2004
  4. serge wrote:

    > I have already ripped the VOB files and as far as I know there no
    > encryption..
    > Do you know of Pinnacle studio 9 will open a VOB file ?

    Have you tried? Have you looked at the specifications for the program? Or do
    you expect others to do your work for you?
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, May 7, 2004
  5. Gary G. Taylor wrote:
    <snip>

    And both become far less dangerous if deprived of oxygen..

    :)

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 7, 2004
  6. serge

    serge Guest

    I have not tried as I have yet to purchase a video editor
    No I do not ask others to do my work for me
    I was politely asking in case someone had information
    Obviously it spurred sarcasm

    Thanks anyway

    serge, May 7, 2004
  7. serge

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    serge wrote:

    > I have not tried as I have yet to purchase a video editor
    > No I do not ask others to do my work for me
    > I was politely asking in case someone had information
    > Obviously it spurred sarcasm

    What are you trying to do Serge? Do you intend to burn them back to
    DVD or what?

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, May 7, 2004
  8. serge wrote:

    > I have not tried as I have yet to purchase a video editor
    > No I do not ask others to do my work for me
    > I was politely asking in case someone had information
    > Obviously it spurred sarcasm

    Um, plugging "pinnacle studio 9" into Google yields 921,000 responses ...
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=pinnacle studio 9&btnG=Google Search

    .... and the second one in the list ...
    That's what I was talking about. google is your friend. You can answer your
    questions by consulting it. Got it?

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, May 7, 2004