    I received some vhs tapes that are very bad quality. they
    jump, and have stuff on the screen. If I buy a video enhancer, will this
    fix it? thanks.

    MauiJNP, Jan 2, 2005

  2. MauiJNP

    Supervisor Guest

    On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 17:29:03 -0500, MauiJNP wrote:

    > I received some vhs tapes that are very bad quality. they jump, and have
    > stuff on the screen. If I buy a video enhancer, will this fix it?
    > thanks.

    No enhancer/sync restorer or whatever can ever put back info if it is
    missing. So, if your tapes are actually badly recorded, you are out of
    luck. But, if the problem is that there is a tracking or sync mismatch
    between your player and the machine the tapes were recorded on then there
    is a chance that a cleaner-upper will work.

    Also, what you may be seeing is a false triggering on the Macrovision
    crap embedded within both tapes and players meant to be sold in the US.
    A sync restorer will also fix this.

    SU

    Supervisor, Jan 3, 2005

  3. MauiJNP

    MauiJNP Guest

    "Supervisor" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 17:29:03 -0500, MauiJNP wrote:
    >
    >> I received some vhs tapes that are very bad quality. they jump, and have
    >> stuff on the screen. If I buy a video enhancer, will this fix it?
    >> thanks.

    > No enhancer/sync restorer or whatever can ever put back info if it is
    > missing. So, if your tapes are actually badly recorded, you are out of
    > luck. But, if the problem is that there is a tracking or sync mismatch
    > between your player and the machine the tapes were recorded on then there
    > is a chance that a cleaner-upper will work.
    >
    > Also, what you may be seeing is a false triggering on the Macrovision
    > crap embedded within both tapes and players meant to be sold in the US.
    > A sync restorer will also fix this.

    thanks for that info. I will let you know how it goes. thanks again

    MauiJNP, Jan 3, 2005