    85 to 90 MB w/o losing quality or audio/video going out of phase of each
    other. I am using Dr. Divx. Does anyone have any ideas of what to do?

    Hugh

    Hugh Sutherland, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Hugh Sutherland

    Harrison Guest

    You can't cut the file size in half without losing some quality.
    Dr. DivX is good, but there will be a loss of quality.

    If the audio quality is less important than the video, you could rip
    the audio track and re-encode it to a lower bitrate, then encode it
    with the new track.

    Cutting the frame rate in half may not be very discernable if the
    video doesn't have too much rapid movement. Otherwise, though, it's
    going to show quite a bit.

    Here's a good resource.
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

    Harrison, Oct 23, 2003