Video Emails Expensive Rip Off??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Heidi Manway, Jan 17, 2007.

  1. Heidi Manway

    Heidi Manway Guest

    Video Email http://instantvideogenerator.com/?x=391669&r

    = costs$10-00 Usd per week thats $520 Usdollars per year standing
    charge for individual users very expensive they do give you 21 days of
    a free trial but want your credit card details as always!

    Video Email Xyngo www.xyngomail.com costs 28 cents usdollars per
    minute

    Is there any videoemail software that goes with say varying brands of
    Webcams that allows the recipient of the Videoemail to open it on
    Outlook Express or Webbased email like yahoo or hotmail with no SPECIAL
    Software installed to receive them??

    Obviously at a reasonable price or even free of charge yes I know there
    is no such thing as a free lunch:)

    By the way I have found a very good voicemail software JDVoicemail
    www.lagolento.com

    Heidi

    Heidi Manway, Jan 17, 2007

  2. Heidi Manway

    1932 Guest

    "Heidi Manway" <> wrote in message
    > Video Email http://instantvideogenerator.com/?x=391669&r

    snipped.

    Hi Heidi, as you know, this is a helpdesk, but
    generally the advice you get here will be to use/get
    purchased goods/services.

    I suggest you add `alt.comp.freeware` to your
    newsgroups.
    There are a lot of good guys/gals there who can
    help with Free programs/services, etc. etc.

    Add it in.
    Best wishes.

    1932, Jan 17, 2007

  3. Heidi Manway

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:31:23 GMT, "1932" <> wrote:

    >I suggest you add `alt.comp.freeware` to your
    >newsgroups.

    I have too much respect for <random name of newsgroup> to even suggest
    Heidi go there. As long as we can keep her somewhat contained..

    Evan Platt, Jan 17, 2007
  4. Heidi Manway

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 17 Jan 2007 07:40:44 -0800, "Heidi Manway" <>
    wrote:

    >Is there any videoemail software that goes with say varying brands of
    >Webcams that allows the recipient of the Videoemail to open it on
    >Outlook Express or Webbased email like yahoo or hotmail with no SPECIAL
    >Software installed to receive them??
    >
    >Obviously at a reasonable price or even free of charge yes I know there
    >is no such thing as a free lunch:)

    Almost any webcam can create a video - AVI, MPG, etc.

    e-mail that file to the recipient.

    The recipient needs to be smart enough to know how to play that video
    file, which isn't asking much.

    Evan Platt, Jan 17, 2007
  5. "Heidi Manway" <> wrote in message
    > Video Email http://instantvideogenerator.com/?x=391669&r
    >
    > = costs$10-00 Usd per week thats $520 Usdollars per year standing
    > charge for individual users very expensive they do give you 21 days of
    > a free trial but want your credit card details as always!
    >
    > Video Email Xyngo www.xyngomail.com costs 28 cents usdollars per
    > minute
    >
    > Is there any videoemail software that goes with say varying brands of
    > Webcams that allows the recipient of the Videoemail to open it on
    > Outlook Express or Webbased email like yahoo or hotmail with no SPECIAL
    > Software installed to receive them??
    >
    > Obviously at a reasonable price or even free of charge yes I know there
    > is no such thing as a free lunch:)
    >
    > By the way I have found a very good voicemail software JDVoicemail
    > www.lagolento.com
    >

    > Heidi

    Oh---- it's worth the money to show everyone how good you look in your short
    skirt and Tangerine Lip Gloss...

    Marty

    Martin Kallikak, Jan 17, 2007
  6. Heidi Manway wrote:

    > Video Email http://instantvideogenerator.com/?x=391669&r

    Video e-mail is a nonsense. First, "e-mail" is store-and-forward across a
    chain of servers with varying amount of drivespace. Delivering e-mails
    somehow halfways reliable is a constant battle against
    - masses of spam
    - viruses
    - typos in recipient addresses
    - overfilled mailboxes that never get emptied
    - overfilled storage systems with underpowered backup taking too long to
    finish
    - (l)users who don't know about the limitations and try to mail their
    favorite cd/dvd, then complaining "why did I purchase a broadband service"

    Noone ever knows there are web services for that, like yousendit. Or even
    youtube, if it's interesting for more people on the planet :)

    Walter Mautner, Jan 17, 2007
  7. Heidi Manway

    DJ Spider Guest

    1932 wrote:
    > "Heidi Manway" <> wrote in message
    >> Video Email http://instantvideogenerator.com/?x=391669&r
    >>

    > snipped.
    >
    > Hi Heidi, as you know, this is a helpdesk, but
    > generally the advice you get here will be to use/get
    > purchased goods/services.
    >
    > I suggest you add `alt.comp.freeware` to your
    > newsgroups.
    > There are a lot of good guys/gals there who can
    > help with Free programs/services, etc. etc.
    >
    > Add it in.
    > Best wishes.

    Also stop crossposting to ie.comp this is for Irish computer users.

    --

    Don't forget to take out THETRASH !

    Do you need a Disco? Or would you like to sing to the World?
    (or at least Ireland!) Visit http://www.kastlekaraoke.com for all
    your Disco and Karaoke party needs.

    DJ Spider, Jan 17, 2007
  8. Heidi Manway

    1932 Guest

    "DJ Spider" <> wrote in message
    > 1932 wrote:
    >> "Heidi Manway" <> wrote in message
    >>> Video Email http://instantvideogenerator.com/?x=391669&r
    >>>

    >> snipped.
    >>
    >> Hi Heidi, as you know, this is a helpdesk, but
    >> generally the advice you get here will be to use/get
    >> purchased goods/services.
    >>
    >> I suggest you add `alt.comp.freeware` to your
    >> newsgroups.
    >> There are a lot of good guys/gals there who can
    >> help with Free programs/services, etc. etc.
    >>
    >> Add it in.
    >> Best wishes.
    >>

    > Also stop crossposting to ie.comp this is for Irish computer users.

    I don`t think I am X posting.

    1932, Jan 17, 2007
  9. Heidi Manway

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:38:54 GMT, "1932" <> wrote:

    >I don`t think I am X posting.

    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer,ie.comp

    You are.

    Learn to use your news client.

    Evan Platt, Jan 17, 2007
  10. Heidi Manway

    Sam E Guest

    On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:38:54 GMT, "1932" <> wrote:

    >"DJ Spider" <> wrote in message
    >> 1932 wrote:
    >>> "Heidi Manway" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> snipped.
    >>>
    >>> Hi Heidi, as you know, this is a helpdesk, but
    >>> generally the advice you get here will be to use/get
    >>> purchased goods/services.
    >>>
    >>> I suggest you add `alt.comp.freeware` to your
    >>> newsgroups.
    >>> There are a lot of good guys/gals there who can
    >>> help with Free programs/services, etc. etc.
    >>>
    >>> Add it in.
    >>> Best wishes.
    >>>

    >> Also stop crossposting to ie.comp this is for Irish computer users.
    >>

    >I don`t think I am X posting.

    The header shows you are.

    Sam E, Jan 17, 2007
  11. Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:38:54 GMT, "1932" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I don`t think I am X posting.

    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer,ie.comp
    >
    > You are.

    Actually, it is Heidi, who starts it all by crossposting *everything* to
    these two groups. Heidi is to blame.

    That said, the rest of us using competent newsreaders will normally
    notice when there is a crosspost, but probably not always. Some repliers
    may not like to change the groups, too...

    My reader flips up a warning dialog as I send, asking me if I'd really
    like to crosspost. <g>

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 17, 2007
  12. Heidi Manway

    DJ Spider Guest

    1932 wrote:
    > "DJ Spider" <> wrote in message
    >> 1932 wrote:
    >>> "Heidi Manway" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> snipped.
    >>>
    >>> Hi Heidi, as you know, this is a helpdesk, but
    >>> generally the advice you get here will be to use/get
    >>> purchased goods/services.
    >>>
    >>> I suggest you add `alt.comp.freeware` to your
    >>> newsgroups.
    >>> There are a lot of good guys/gals there who can
    >>> help with Free programs/services, etc. etc.
    >>>
    >>> Add it in.
    >>> Best wishes.
    >>>

    >> Also stop crossposting to ie.comp this is for Irish computer users.
    >>

    > I don`t think I am X posting.

    Not you Heidi! Sorry

    DJ Spider, Jan 17, 2007
  13. Beauregard T. Shagnasty replied to hisself:

    > Actually, it is Heidi, who starts it all by crossposting *everything*
    > to these two groups. Heidi is to blame.

    Oh! I just realized that Heidi may be reading responses through
    ie.comp, and will never even see these admonishments where the crosspost
    was snipped. :-(

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 17, 2007
  14. Heidi Manway

    Heidi Manway Guest

    Walter Mautner wrote:
    > Heidi Manway wrote:
    >
    > > Video Email http://instantvideogenerator.com/?x=391669&r
    > >

    > Video e-mail is a nonsense. First, "e-mail" is store-and-forward across a
    > chain of servers with varying amount of drivespace. Delivering e-mails
    > somehow halfways reliable is a constant battle against
    > - masses of spam
    > - viruses
    > - typos in recipient addresses
    > - overfilled mailboxes that never get emptied
    > - overfilled storage systems with underpowered backup taking too long to
    > finish
    > - (l)users who don't know about the limitations and try to mail their
    > favorite cd/dvd, then complaining "why did I purchase a broadband service"
    >
    > Noone ever knows there are web services for that, like yousendit. Or even
    > youtube, if it's interesting for more people on the planet :)

    Yes true www.youtube.com or www.stickam.com are about the best in
    Videoemail you can get
    that I know 1. there free 2. they operate off a webserver so no
    getting your videoemail stuck on a email server rejected as Spam or
    endlessly delayed
    3. I notice that even with a good Camera there is very poor dubbing lip
    syncdelay on the video looks bad quality I guess we just have to make
    the best poor overated hyped technology that current exists:)
    4.Things can only get better but do we need faster broadband (8MB
    service) what exactly is wrong
    5. I heard that in the Uk on a Consumer Programme called "Watchdog"
    they use live streaming its appauling this the renounded BBC cannot
    even get it right oh well.

    Heidi

    Heidi Manway, Jan 19, 2007