    individual segments fom the DVD, which doesn't have a menu or "scene selections"
    as it's not a professionally made disk. What program can I use for this? Thanks.

    , Apr 28, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I need some advice on a decent program for video editing.
    >
    > What I want to do is this: I have a DVD from some friends of mine doing a music
    > concert. I want to post a couple clips on my website. So I want to rip
    > individual segments fom the DVD, which doesn't have a menu or "scene selections"
    > as it's not a professionally made disk. What program can I use for this? Thanks.

    Unless you're wanting to invest in a professional type video editing
    program such as Vegas Video or Adobe Premiere, I'd download the 30 day
    trial version of MPEG Video Wizard from Womble. You can import the files
    from the DVD into your project and keep just the good parts, output to
    ..mpg format.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 28, 2006

  3. Guest

    On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 23:12:07 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I need some advice on a decent program for video editing.
    >>
    >> What I want to do is this: I have a DVD from some friends of mine doing a music
    >> concert. I want to post a couple clips on my website. So I want to rip
    >> individual segments fom the DVD, which doesn't have a menu or "scene selections"
    >> as it's not a professionally made disk. What program can I use for this? Thanks.

    >Unless you're wanting to invest in a professional type video editing
    >program such as Vegas Video or Adobe Premiere, I'd download the 30 day
    >trial version of MPEG Video Wizard from Womble. You can import the files
    >from the DVD into your project and keep just the good parts, output to
    >.mpg format.

    Thanks. I'll give that a try. This is probably a one time project, so a thirty
    day trial will be fine.

    , Apr 28, 2006
  4. Peaches Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 23:12:07 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> I need some advice on a decent program for video editing.
    >>>
    >>> What I want to do is this: I have a DVD from some friends of mine doing
    >>> a music
    >>> concert. I want to post a couple clips on my website. So I want to rip
    >>> individual segments fom the DVD, which doesn't have a menu or "scene
    >>> selections"
    >>> as it's not a professionally made disk. What program can I use for this?
    >>> Thanks.

    >>Unless you're wanting to invest in a professional type video editing
    >>program such as Vegas Video or Adobe Premiere, I'd download the 30 day
    >>trial version of MPEG Video Wizard from Womble. You can import the files
    >>from the DVD into your project and keep just the good parts, output to
    >>.mpg format.

    > Thanks. I'll give that a try. This is probably a one time project, so a
    > thirty
    > day trial will be fine.

    http://www.vidomi.com/
    Is an excellent video editing freeware tool.
    In your instance, download and install.
    Import the footage
    Click options, select "output range"
    If select to Output clip as an AVI then
    further editing/transitions/titles etc and output
    to other formats can then be performed with
    WIn Movie Maker (XP only).

    Or

    http://tinyurl.com/h57h4
    This is download.com, an excellent site for
    all types of software. This link is to the search
    result for freeware mpeg editing. You can expand
    the search to include "free to try" or "all licenses".
    Or change search criteria: "DVD editing" etc
    They have software of every type.

    Peaches, Apr 28, 2006