    type of format & codecs should be used.

    Any dedicated urls would be also be handy.
    Thanks
    *** HAWK, Feb 4, 2004

  2. *** HAWK

    Boomer Guest

    "*** HAWK" <> wrote in
    news:4021559b$0$21308$:

    > Hi,
    > A friend of mine needs advice concerning video editing.
    > He has a number of VHS cassette tapes that he has converted to
    > digital video using a Pinnacle Studio product - I believe he is
    > using "Pinnacle Studio Moviebox DV Studio" - its an external USB
    > box that he connects via his laptop.
    >
    > Basically he needs to convert analog video to digital video which
    > can be exported to CD or DVD, to be passed onto somebody for
    > further editing & manipulation.
    >
    > At the moment he seems to be having problems running out of space,
    > I'm not sure how big his HDD, but does anyone have any advice in
    > regards to what type of format & codecs should be used.
    >
    > Any dedicated urls would be also be handy.
    > Thanks

    Hi

    As I mentioned to ohGr earlier, you might want to ask at
    these groups also.

    uk.media.dvd
    rec.video.dvd.tech
    rec.video.dvd.players
    alt.video.dvd
    alt.video.dvd.software
    alt.video.dvd.tech
    alt.video.dvdr

    --
    Google is your friend.
    Boomer, Feb 4, 2004

  3. On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 20:25:35 -0000, "*** HAWK"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >A friend of mine needs advice concerning video editing.
    >He has a number of VHS cassette tapes that he has converted to digital video
    >using a Pinnacle Studio product - I believe he is using "Pinnacle Studio
    >Moviebox DV Studio" - its an external USB box that he connects via his
    >laptop.
    >
    >Basically he needs to convert analog video to digital video which can be
    >exported to CD or DVD, to be passed onto somebody for further editing &
    >manipulation.
    >
    >At the moment he seems to be having problems running out of space, I'm not
    >sure how big his HDD, but does anyone have any advice in regards to what
    >type of format & codecs should be used.
    >
    >Any dedicated urls would be also be handy.
    >Thanks

    For best compression/quality, I would go with Windows Media WMF, ASF,
    and WMV formats,
    David A. Seiver, Feb 5, 2004