Video driver update

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robin, Jun 8, 2007.

  1. Robin

    Robin Guest

    I am attempting to update my ATI Radeon Xpress200 graphics card driver from
    here: http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/mce/integrated-mce.html . First, I
    wanted to make sure that this is the correct driver for my situation, and
    second, in the instructions, it calls for removing of old software in the
    Add/Remove progs list. For instruction #2, I do not have what is listed "ATI
    Software Uninstall Utility". I only have "ATI Control Panel" and "ATI
    Display Driver". I also do not have an entry called "DAO". Do I just remove
    what is there and continue on with the instructions? Or is there a vital
    piece missing?

    Removing Old ATI Software
    Click on Start, then Control Panel, then go to Add/Remove Programs.
    At the top of the list you should see several ATI entries. Select the entry
    entitled ATI Software Uninstall Utility, and click Change/Remove.
    You will be prompted to restart your system once the uninstall is complete.
    Once restarted, check the Add/Remove Programs list again for any remaining
    ATI software.
    If any ATI software is still listed, click Change/Remove on those entries to
    uninstall each one individually.
    Next, please scroll through the list until you find an entry called DAO (see
    screenshot below).
    Select DAO, then Click Change/Remove to uninstall this program.

    Robin, Jun 8, 2007