    I will appreciate any help to find the proper driver for the graphics
    adapter.

    Thanks, Richard
    Richard O'Keefe, Aug 3, 2004

  2. Richard O'Keefe

    Thor Guest

    "Richard O'Keefe" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I reformatted the C: drive and reinstalled Win 98 2nd Edition so I
    > could sell my computer with all my personal data deleted.
    >
    > I can't find the proper video graphics driver. The video card is on
    > the mother board. The display settings are: HP D 2840 17-inch
    > Display on Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA).
    >
    > Drivers:
    > Monitor: HP D 2840 Ergo 17-inch Display
    > Adapter: Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA). With this adapter I
    > can only get 2 or 16 colors and only 640X480 Pixels.
    >
    > The Monitor is HP Ergo 1280 17".
    > The computer is HP Vectra VL pentium III

    You should be able to find the correct display driver by visiting HP's
    website, going to the support section, and look up your computer model.
    Thor, Aug 3, 2004

  3. Hp support has the pavillion drivers, but not the vectra drivers.

    Richard O'Keefe, Aug 3, 2004
  4. Richard O'Keefe

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Lloyd Jones, Aug 3, 2004
  5. Richard O'Keefe

    HF Guest

    Search for them !!!!
    > I reformatted the C: drive and reinstalled Win 98 2nd Edition so I
    > could sell my computer with all my personal data deleted.
    >
    > I can't find the proper video graphics driver. The video card is on
    > the mother board. The display settings are: HP D 2840 17-inch
    > Display on Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA).
    >
    > Drivers:
    > Monitor: HP D 2840 Ergo 17-inch Display
    > Adapter: Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA). With this adapter I
    > can only get 2 or 16 colors and only 640X480 Pixels.
    >
    > The Monitor is HP Ergo 1280 17".
    > The computer is HP Vectra VL pentium III
    >
    > I will appreciate any help to find the proper driver for the graphics
    > adapter.
    >
    > Thanks, Richard

    ---
    HF, Aug 3, 2004
  6. Richard O'Keefe

    Chuck Guest

    Looks as if you have a Hewlett Packard system. You may want to check with
    HP regarding the availability of a recovery disk for your system.

    Chuck, Aug 3, 2004
  7. Richard O'Keefe

    > Hp support has the pavillion drivers, but not the vectra drivers.

    oh really? I found a ton of Vectra VL models listed.

    http://tinyurl.com/4s3fu
    Thor, Aug 3, 2004
  8. On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 07:43:30 -0400, "Thor" <> wrote:

    >"Richard O'Keefe" <> wrote in message
    >> Hp support has the pavillion drivers, but not the vectra drivers.
    >>

    >oh really? I found a ton of Vectra VL models listed.
    >
    >http://tinyurl.com/4s3fu

    I did also. But I did not find any real help there. I finally found
    the correct driver at driver guide,com
    Richard O'Keefe, Aug 3, 2004
  9. Richard O'Keefe

    Jerry G. Guest

    It sounds more like you need the drivers for the display card. If the
    monitor is driven generically, it should still work.

    --

    Jerry G.

    Jerry G., Aug 3, 2004