    570) in Linux.
    Thanks and regards,
    Ravi.
    Ravi, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Ravi

    -=-peas-=- Guest

    FU's set to comp.dcom.videoconf

    "Ravi" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > For my masters project I am supposed to implement a Video Conferencing
    > facility with H.323. I have decided to do it on a PC board using the
    > intel 810 STB reference architecture running on a linux kernel. Is
    > there an alternative and what could be the major issue when it comes
    > to implementing a video chat for a Television. Also is there a place
    > where I can get the source for H.264 codec.

    Source for a H.264 codec ? I doubt it, its too new and probably full of
    licensing implications. But you could take a look at openh323.org and
    packetizer.com to check.

    > I am sorry for being
    > vague, but I wanted to keep the desc. short.
    > Also is there a support for any webcam with 4 CIF resolution (708 X
    > 570) in Linux.

    I don't know but i would guess the answer is no. I have not seen any free
    webcam s/w that can do that high a resolution, i believe the higher ones do
    FCIF.

    > Thanks and regards,
    > Ravi.

    -=-peas-=-