    computer causing interference like the psu or something?

    its no biggie, just curious as to why it happens.

    thanks

    Nova, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Nova

    CSE Guest

    On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:01:46 +1200, Nova <> wrote:

    >excuse my ignorance of electrical matters :)
    >
    >However when my tv is using my video recorders tuner or when i am
    >watching a video, if i have my computer on at the same time the picture
    >is quite grainy etc... as soon as i turn the computer off the picture is
    >perfect..
    >
    >If i just watch tv and dont use the video as the tuner, then tv is ok too.
    >
    >So... is this the video recorders fault? or is it something in the
    >computer causing interference like the psu or something?
    >
    >its no biggie, just curious as to why it happens.
    >
    >thanks

    Yes computers radiate a lot and is yours in a Plastic CASE..?

    Can you tune you VCR/TV to a different channel, this might fix it and if its
    getting in via the power leads, those ferrite rings can help, also is the
    cable from the VCR to the TV in good condition..

    I hope you are using a decent antenna, but you must be if the TV does not show
    the interference..

    CSE, Apr 15, 2005

  3. On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:01:46 +1200, Nova <> wrote:

    >excuse my ignorance of electrical matters :)
    >
    >However when my tv is using my video recorders tuner or when i am
    >watching a video, if i have my computer on at the same time the picture
    >is quite grainy etc... as soon as i turn the computer off the picture is
    >perfect..
    >
    >If i just watch tv and dont use the video as the tuner, then tv is ok too.
    >
    >So... is this the video recorders fault? or is it something in the
    >computer causing interference like the psu or something?
    >
    >its no biggie, just curious as to why it happens.

    Interference from the computer was the main reason I changed my Tv to
    an outside aerial. And a very simple cheap aerial it was too :) but
    the picture quality was not only better overall it got rid of the
    inteference

    These days my bedroom pc and tv are close together and interference on
    the pciture is just something I put up with

    FreedomChooser, Apr 15, 2005
  4. On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 05:50:20 UTC, CSE <>
    wrote:

    > On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 16:01:46 +1200, Nova <> wrote:
    >
    > >excuse my ignorance of electrical matters :)
    > >
    > >However when my tv is using my video recorders tuner or when i am
    > >watching a video, if i have my computer on at the same time the picture
    > >is quite grainy etc... as soon as i turn the computer off the picture is
    > >perfect..
    > >
    > >If i just watch tv and dont use the video as the tuner, then tv is ok too.
    > >
    > >So... is this the video recorders fault? or is it something in the
    > >computer causing interference like the psu or something?
    > >
    > >its no biggie, just curious as to why it happens.
    > >
    > >thanks

    > Yes computers radiate a lot and is yours in a Plastic CASE..?
    >
    > Can you tune you VCR/TV to a different channel, this might fix it and if its
    > getting in via the power leads, those ferrite rings can help, also is the
    > cable from the VCR to the TV in good condition..
    >

    > I hope you are using a decent antenna, but you must be if the TV does not show
    > the interference..

    It can also help to have the computer on a different fuse circuit from
    the TV and video.

    Stephen Worthington, Apr 15, 2005
  5. In article <425f3ca5$>, Nova <>
    wrote:

    >...when my tv is using my video recorders tuner or when i am
    >watching a video, if i have my computer on at the same time the picture
    >is quite grainy etc... as soon as i turn the computer off the picture is
    >perfect..
    >
    >If i just watch tv and dont use the video as the tuner, then tv is ok too.
    >
    >So... is this the video recorders fault? or is it something in the
    >computer causing interference like the psu or something?

    Are they all in the same room? How is your TV picking up the video
    signal? If it's via RF, you might try switching to AV leads to see if
    that helps. It should improve the quality anyway.

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Apr 16, 2005