    So my question: How do I have to install new codecs, that they appear in the
    bespoke list?

    Thanks in advance for your help!
    Gregor, Aug 31, 2009

  2. Gregor

    Carlos Guest

    Gregor,
    Before installing codec package you need to know which is the format of the
    animations you can't see in HyperWorks.
    Video files are composed of a container (i.e.: "avi", "mkv", "mov") and the
    info encoded with a compression algorithm (i.e.: "divx", "xvid", etc.).
    What can you tell us about them?
    Please take into account that 64-bit programs need 64-bit codecs and that
    32-bit programs need 32-bit codecs.
    Which is the "bitness" of HyperWorks?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 31, 2009

  3. Gregor

    Gregor Guest

    Hello Carlos,

    thanks for your quick response. The files I mostly use are "avi" and the
    "indeo 5.10" compression. I have installed the 64bit -Version of Hyperworks 9.
    I have already talked to the Altair-Support and he explained me that the
    program can only access the codecs in the list in the device manager (see
    message before)

    Thank you very much for your help!

    kind regards,
    Gregor

    Gregor, Aug 31, 2009
  4. Gregor

    Carlos Guest

    There's the root cause. You need the x64 version of the Indeo codec which
    does not (and will not) exist.
    Your players can play your avi files because they are 32-bit players that
    use the 32-bit available Indeo codec.

    This is what Ligos (Indeo mfgr) says here:
    http://www.ligos.com/index.php/home/support/indeosupport/
    "64-bit Windows Operating Systems - Please note that Indeo Codecs are not
    compatible with any 64-bit version of Windows OSes (Windows XP 64-bit Edition
    for Itanium systems, Windows XP 64-bit Edition Version 2003, Windows XP
    Professional x64 Edition, 64-bit versions of Windows Server, and 64-bit
    versions of Windows Vista)."

    Is there any way that you can change the compression format from Indeo to a
    more popular one?

    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 31, 2009
  5. Gregor

    Gregor Guest

    Hey,

    ok, i was not aware of that. I chose this codec because everybody in my
    "working environment" can watch the videos. Can you recommend a other one
    which is compatible with xp x64?

    Thank you very much for your support!
    Gregor

    Gregor, Aug 31, 2009
  6. Gregor

    Carlos Guest

    Gregor,
    Try this version of ffdshow:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffd...dshow_rev3063_20090827_clsid_x64.exe/download

    It is an x64 multiformat encoder/decoder.
    I would choose the xvid coded from that bunch.
    They can coexist with your current 32-bit codecs.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 31, 2009
  7. Gregor

    Gregor Guest

    Thank you very much!
    With divx it works.

    kind regards,
    Gregor

    Gregor, Aug 31, 2009
  8. Gregor

    Carlos Guest

    Gregor,
    Thanks for your feedback, it will surely help others.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 31, 2009