Video CD Creation- How To

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jul 27, 2007.

  1. Hello you sons of bitches,

    I need someone to tell me how to take a .flv movie file and convert it
    and place it on a CD so it will play on a television using a DVD
    player.

    I have no DVD player on the computer, so I need to make a CD that is
    viewable using a DVD player hooked up to a television.

    I don't know what to convert it to, I don't know how to convert it, I
    don't know what format to convert the .flv file to, etc...

    Any programs that some kind person may direct me to need to be
    freeware, not that I couldn't pay for a program, but it is just the
    principal of the thing.

    If it is possible, whoever may help me, could you be so polite as to
    give me step by step instructions on how to do it along with links to
    the appropriate programs I need to download to achieve this.

    Thanks,

    Altie
    --
    All of Usenet is in a psychological, emotional, and antisocial free fall
    into an abyss and fully immersed in a drowning pool of mental illness.

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jul 27, 2007

  2. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    > Hello you sons of bitches,
    >
    > I need someone to tell me how to take a .flv movie file and convert it
    > and place it on a CD so it will play on a television using a DVD
    > player.
    >
    > I have no DVD player on the computer, so I need to make a CD that is
    > viewable using a DVD player hooked up to a television.
    >
    > I don't know what to convert it to, I don't know how to convert it, I
    > don't know what format to convert the .flv file to, etc...
    >
    > Any programs that some kind person may direct me to need to be
    > freeware, not that I couldn't pay for a program, but it is just the
    > principal of the thing.
    >
    > If it is possible, whoever may help me, could you be so polite as to
    > give me step by step instructions on how to do it along with links to
    > the appropriate programs I need to download to achieve this.

    Use Nero, make a VCD. Izzat step by step enough for you?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 27, 2007

  3. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Free to try http://www.avsmedia.com/VideoTools/index.aspx

    pcbutts1, Jul 27, 2007
  4. On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:44:58 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >> Hello you sons of bitches,
    >>
    >> I need someone to tell me how to take a .flv movie file and convert it
    >> and place it on a CD so it will play on a television using a DVD
    >> player.
    >>
    >> I have no DVD player on the computer, so I need to make a CD that is
    >> viewable using a DVD player hooked up to a television.
    >>
    >> I don't know what to convert it to, I don't know how to convert it, I
    >> don't know what format to convert the .flv file to, etc...
    >>
    >> Any programs that some kind person may direct me to need to be
    >> freeware, not that I couldn't pay for a program, but it is just the
    >> principal of the thing.
    >>
    >> If it is possible, whoever may help me, could you be so polite as to
    >> give me step by step instructions on how to do it along with links to
    >> the appropriate programs I need to download to achieve this.

    >Use Nero, make a VCD. Izzat step by step enough for you?

    It would be step by step enough if Nero were free, which it isn't. I
    have better things to do with 70 or 80 or a 100 dollars than to spend
    it on silly little software for the computer.

    That is why I specifically asked for a freeware solution.

    Altie

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jul 27, 2007
  5. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    > On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:44:58 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >
    >> Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    >>> Hello you sons of bitches,
    >>>
    >>> I need someone to tell me how to take a .flv movie file and convert it
    >>> and place it on a CD so it will play on a television using a DVD
    >>> player.
    >>>
    >>> I have no DVD player on the computer, so I need to make a CD that is
    >>> viewable using a DVD player hooked up to a television.
    >>>
    >>> I don't know what to convert it to, I don't know how to convert it, I
    >>> don't know what format to convert the .flv file to, etc...
    >>>
    >>> Any programs that some kind person may direct me to need to be
    >>> freeware, not that I couldn't pay for a program, but it is just the
    >>> principal of the thing.
    >>>
    >>> If it is possible, whoever may help me, could you be so polite as to
    >>> give me step by step instructions on how to do it along with links to
    >>> the appropriate programs I need to download to achieve this.

    >> Use Nero, make a VCD. Izzat step by step enough for you?

    > It would be step by step enough if Nero were free, which it isn't. I
    > have better things to do with 70 or 80 or a 100 dollars than to spend
    > it on silly little software for the computer.
    >
    > That is why I specifically asked for a freeware solution.

    You must have one of the two CDR drives that came without Nero bundled
    with them.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 27, 2007
  6. On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:17:46 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:

    >>> Use Nero, make a VCD. Izzat step by step enough for you?

    >> It would be step by step enough if Nero were free, which it isn't. I
    >> have better things to do with 70 or 80 or a 100 dollars than to spend
    >> it on silly little software for the computer.
    >>
    >> That is why I specifically asked for a freeware solution.

    >You must have one of the two CDR drives that came without Nero bundled
    >with them.

    LOL. No, Roger, it has been so long since I have had any of the extra
    crap from Microsoft or Dell on my computer I didn't realize I may have
    Nero on an installation disc.

    Thanks, I will check.

    Altie

    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤, Jul 27, 2007
  7. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤

    meerkat Guest

    > Hello you sons of bitches,
    >
    > I need someone to tell me how to take a .flv movie file and convert it
    > and place it on a CD so it will play on a television using a DVD
    > player.
    >
    > I have no DVD player on the computer, so I need to make a CD that is
    > viewable using a DVD player hooked up to a television.
    >
    > I don't know what to convert it to, I don't know how to convert it, I
    > don't know what format to convert the .flv file to, etc...
    >
    > Any programs that some kind person may direct me to need to be
    > freeware, not that I couldn't pay for a program, but it is just the
    > principal of the thing.
    >
    > If it is possible, whoever may help me, could you be so polite as to
    > give me step by step instructions on how to do it along with links to
    > the appropriate programs I need to download to achieve this.

    For all Freeware programs...
    (newsgroups) alt.comp.freeware.

    For all things Video...
    www.videohelp.com

    bw..

    meerkat, Jul 27, 2007
  8. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:
    > On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:17:46 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >
    >> Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤ wrote:

    >>> It would be step by step enough if Nero were free, which it isn't. I
    >>> have better things to do with 70 or 80 or a 100 dollars than to spend
    >>> it on silly little software for the computer.
    >>>
    >>> That is why I specifically asked for a freeware solution.

    >> You must have one of the two CDR drives that came without Nero bundled
    >> with them.

    > LOL. No, Roger, it has been so long since I have had any of the extra
    > crap from Microsoft or Dell on my computer I didn't realize I may have
    > Nero on an installation disc.

    If Nero isn't there, there should be some software bundle that can do VCD.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 27, 2007