    i.e. Gigabyte, Tyan, Powercolor there is one
    even Generic. How are they different?

    Thanks

    Deck, Jul 24, 2003

  2. Deck

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:08:07 +1200, "Deck" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    > I'm looking at upgrading my video card.
    >Currently its ATI Radeon 7000 and while
    >browing for video cards I noticed that there
    >are different Radeon cards with different brands
    >i.e. Gigabyte, Tyan, Powercolor there is one
    >even Generic. How are they different?
    >
    >Thanks

    Generally they are much of a muchness. There are slight differences
    in performance between them. But there is the occasional real
    difference. For instance, I have an Auriga Radeon 7500 with a fan.
    PowerColor do a slightly detuned version without a fan, just a passive
    heatsink. It is rumoured that there will be a fanless version of the
    Radeon 9600 with it being built on .13 micron.

    GraB, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Deck

    Dogg Guest

    Same here. I've been using the ATI "reference" drivers since I bought
    my Gigabyte Radeon 9000 Pro. I have found the very latest ones gave me
    grief though, so I went back to the last version.

    On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 01:45:53 +1200, GraB <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 13:24:37 +1200, Brett Mason

    <snip>

    Dogg, Jul 29, 2003
  4. Deck

    GraB Guest

    I heard that too, so stayed with the previous version.

    GraB, Jul 29, 2003