    but still not quite right. I don't know anything about video cards so what
    should I be looking for without putting myself in the poor house?

    Richard
    Richard Miller, Aug 18, 2006

  2. Richard Miller

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:59:36 -0700, "Richard Miller"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a GeForce FX 5200 with 128 MB. I play Quake 4 and it's pretty nice
    >but still not quite right. I don't know anything about video cards so what
    >should I be looking for without putting myself in the poor house?

    What computer? How much memory? What operating system?
    Evan Platt, Aug 18, 2006

  3. Richard Miller <> wrote in message
    <XSpFg.1573$y61.1072@fed1read05>...

    > I have a GeForce FX 5200 with 128 MB. I play Quake 4 and it's pretty
    > nice but still not quite right. I don't know anything about video
    > cards so what should I be looking for without putting myself in the
    > poor house?

    quake 4 won't look right with a gfx5200

    ask around for better cards that won't put you in the poor house

    hope that helps
    Dirty Sanchez, Aug 18, 2006
  4. Richard Miller

    Kyle :o\) Guest

    Richard Miller wrote:
    > I have a GeForce FX 5200 with 128 MB. I play Quake 4 and it's pretty
    > nice but still not quite right. I don't know anything about video
    > cards so what should I be looking for without putting myself in the
    > poor house?
    > Richard

    If you're still on AGP, I'd suggest the MSI FX5500-TD 256 MB DDR. I bought
    one a few weeks ago for $70.00 from a local dealer and it's been awesome! I
    know Newegg.com has it for about $50 + shipping - but I'm not sold on the
    shipping methods. I've had two HDDs and a video card go bad during shipping
    from Newegg. But check their stuff out and then go see a local dealer.
    Kyle :o\), Aug 19, 2006
  5. Richard Miller

    Plato Guest

    Richard Miller wrote:

    > I have a GeForce FX 5200 with 128 MB. I play Quake 4 and it's pretty nice
    > but still not quite right. I don't know anything about video cards so what
    > should I be looking for without putting myself in the poor house?

    Could be anything from a "too slow" processor to not enough ram to
    background apps.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Aug 19, 2006