    Whenever i play a video file (the film jokes that everyone has gotten at one time or another) the video seems to badly lag the audio. I am running Windows Media Player 10.

    Could I benefit from a video card with more memory, more memory overall or just a new computer?

    Thanks
    Just Me, Jan 24, 2006

  2. Just Me

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:50:06 GMT, "Just Me" <> wrote:

    >------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C620ED.14CFAB90

    <SNIP>

    Please turn off HTML when posting to newsgroups.
    Evan Platt, Jan 24, 2006

  3. Just Me

    Martik Guest

    "Just Me" <> wrote in message
    Hello All,

    How much of a roll does the size of video cards play on a computer system?

    First, I have a 450 MHZ AMD K-6, 12 GB hard drive and 512 MB total memory.
    I am running Windows XP, and Mozilla as a browser. My connection to the
    Internet is via DSL.

    The video card under Display properties is

    Chip Type: ATI 3D Rage IIC AGP
    DAC Type: ATI Internal DAC
    Memory Size: 8MB

    The problem I experience is that when I open a second browser window or
    download something of the Internet the screen will go all white for about
    5 - 10 seconds before everything will restore normally.

    Whenever i play a video file (the film jokes that everyone has gotten at one
    time or another) the video seems to badly lag the audio. I am running
    Windows Media Player 10.

    Could I benefit from a video card with more memory, more memory overall or
    just a new computer?

    Thanks

    Your video and cpu should be fine for playing video's thru WMP. I have no
    problems with an old PII 350 128mb same video.
    Try using WMP 9 or a different browser. Possibly your onboard video is
    defective. If so try a cheap video card.
    Martik, Jan 24, 2006
  4. Just Me

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Jan 25, 2006