    What's a decent one for less than 50 bucks US?
    Or is the question an oxymoron?
    joevan
    joevan, Jul 10, 2004

  2. joevan

    joevan Guest

    joevan, Jul 10, 2004

  3. Alexander Rogge, Jul 10, 2004
  4. joevan

    ICee Guest

    joevan wrote:
    > A few here. Any opinions. I don't do online games or rather the few
    > have worked well with the cheap cards I have.
    >
    > http://www.newegg.com/app/manufact.asp?catalog=48&DEPA=1

    I would say the ATI 9200 is the best you will get for around $50. The
    ECS 9200 near the bottom of the page has a 128 bit memory buss, while
    the one at the top of the page is a 9200LE and has only a 64 bit wide
    memory buss (plus it's a couple bucks cheaper).
    ICee, Jul 10, 2004
  5. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 19:36:22 -0400, "ICee" <>
    wrote:

    >joevan wrote:
    >> A few here. Any opinions. I don't do online games or rather the few
    >> have worked well with the cheap cards I have.
    >>
    >> http://www.newegg.com/app/manufact.asp?catalog=48&DEPA=1

    >I would say the ATI 9200 is the best you will get for around $50. The
    >ECS 9200 near the bottom of the page has a 128 bit memory buss, while
    >the one at the top of the page is a 9200LE and has only a 64 bit wide
    >memory buss (plus it's a couple bucks cheaper).

    Thanks, I will wait a few days and order one, prolly the ATI 9200.
    The mounting of the hard drive, CD unit and floppy is new to me.
    I can't figure how they attach to the case. Any tips? He asks so
    nicely figuring the answer will be so simple for "ICee".
    joevan, Jul 10, 2004
  6. joevan

    ICee Guest

    joevan wrote:
    > On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 19:36:22 -0400, "ICee" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> joevan wrote:
    >>> A few here. Any opinions. I don't do online games or rather the few
    >>> have worked well with the cheap cards I have.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.newegg.com/app/manufact.asp?catalog=48&DEPA=1

    >> I would say the ATI 9200 is the best you will get for around $50.
    >> The ECS 9200 near the bottom of the page has a 128 bit memory buss,
    >> while the one at the top of the page is a 9200LE and has only a 64
    >> bit wide memory buss (plus it's a couple bucks cheaper).
    >>

    > Thanks, I will wait a few days and order one, prolly the ATI 9200.
    > The mounting of the hard drive, CD unit and floppy is new to me.
    > I can't figure how they attach to the case. Any tips? He asks so
    > nicely figuring the answer will be so simple for "ICee".

    Give me a link, or the name and model of the case, so I can see what's
    in it.
    ICee, Jul 10, 2004
  7. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 00:18:13 GMT, joevan <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 19:36:22 -0400, "ICee" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>joevan wrote:
    >>> A few here. Any opinions. I don't do online games or rather the few
    >>> have worked well with the cheap cards I have.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.newegg.com/app/manufact.asp?catalog=48&DEPA=1

    >>I would say the ATI 9200 is the best you will get for around $50. The
    >>ECS 9200 near the bottom of the page has a 128 bit memory buss, while
    >>the one at the top of the page is a 9200LE and has only a 64 bit wide
    >>memory buss (plus it's a couple bucks cheaper).
    >>

    >Thanks, I will wait a few days and order one, prolly the ATI 9200.
    >The mounting of the hard drive, CD unit and floppy is new to me.
    >I can't figure how they attach to the case. Any tips? He asks so
    >nicely figuring the answer will be so simple for "ICee".

    Pay no mind to the last post. I found something in the manual. FTFM.
    Right?
    Anyway I guess you be in the US or you would be on your weekend jaunt.
    Here in Philadelphia Pa we got a weekend of something called Greek
    Picnic where thousands of Frat people descend on our area. We are near
    South St. and that is a lively place on all weekends but especially
    this one. There are also about a thousand extra police out.
    Fun, fun, fun
    In any event, have a nice weekend.
    joevan
    joevan, Jul 10, 2004
  8. joevan

    ICee Guest

    joevan wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 00:18:13 GMT, joevan <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 19:36:22 -0400, "ICee" <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> I would say the ATI 9200 is the best you will get for around $50.
    >>> The ECS 9200 near the bottom of the page has a 128 bit memory buss,
    >>> while the one at the top of the page is a 9200LE and has only a 64
    >>> bit wide memory buss (plus it's a couple bucks cheaper).
    >>>

    >> Thanks, I will wait a few days and order one, prolly the ATI 9200.
    >> The mounting of the hard drive, CD unit and floppy is new to me.
    >> I can't figure how they attach to the case. Any tips? He asks so
    >> nicely figuring the answer will be so simple for "ICee".

    > Pay no mind to the last post. I found something in the manual. FTFM.
    > Right?
    > Anyway I guess you be in the US or you would be on your weekend jaunt.
    > Here in Philadelphia Pa we got a weekend of something called Greek
    > Picnic where thousands of Frat people descend on our area. We are near
    > South St. and that is a lively place on all weekends but especially
    > this one. There are also about a thousand extra police out.
    > Fun, fun, fun
    > In any event, have a nice weekend.
    > joevan

    LOL Yes, RTFM is always a good idea. ;)
    I'll be leaving later this evening to drive to Pittsburgh ( from the
    Cleveland, Oh area) for a family picnic tomorrow. You have a nice
    weekend also, and good luck with the rest of the build! You'll have to
    let me know how it went when I get back.
    ICee, Jul 10, 2004
  9. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 20:33:14 -0400, "ICee" <>
    wrote:

    >joevan wrote:
    >> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 00:18:13 GMT, joevan <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> Thanks, I will wait a few days and order one, prolly the ATI 9200.
    >>> The mounting of the hard drive, CD unit and floppy is new to me.
    >>> I can't figure how they attach to the case. Any tips? He asks so
    >>> nicely figuring the answer will be so simple for "ICee".

    >> Pay no mind to the last post. I found something in the manual. FTFM.
    >> Right?
    >> Anyway I guess you be in the US or you would be on your weekend jaunt.
    >> Here in Philadelphia Pa we got a weekend of something called Greek
    >> Picnic where thousands of Frat people descend on our area. We are near
    >> South St. and that is a lively place on all weekends but especially
    >> this one. There are also about a thousand extra police out.
    >> Fun, fun, fun
    >> In any event, have a nice weekend.
    >> joevan

    >LOL Yes, RTFM is always a good idea. ;)
    >I'll be leaving later this evening to drive to Pittsburgh ( from the
    >Cleveland, Oh area) for a family picnic tomorrow. You have a nice
    >weekend also, and good luck with the rest of the build! You'll have to
    >let me know how it went when I get back.

    That I hope will be a nice time. I have to get back to Virginia one of
    these days to visit my brothers, 3. One sis in Chicago sub.
    I will keep you informed for sure. I hope this being my first I hope I
    don't make too many mistakes. But then I don't make misteeks. hehe.
    joevan
    joevan, Jul 10, 2004
  10. joevan

    ICee Guest

    joevan wrote:
    > On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 20:33:14 -0400, "ICee" <>
    > wrote:

    <snip>

    >>> Anyway I guess you be in the US or you would be on your weekend
    >>> jaunt. Here in Philadelphia Pa we got a weekend of something called
    >>> Greek Picnic where thousands of Frat people descend on our area. We
    >>> are near South St. and that is a lively place on all weekends but
    >>> especially this one. There are also about a thousand extra police
    >>> out.
    >>> Fun, fun, fun
    >>> In any event, have a nice weekend.
    >>> joevan

    >> LOL Yes, RTFM is always a good idea. ;)
    >> I'll be leaving later this evening to drive to Pittsburgh ( from the
    >> Cleveland, Oh area) for a family picnic tomorrow. You have a nice
    >> weekend also, and good luck with the rest of the build! You'll have
    >> to let me know how it went when I get back.
    >>

    > That I hope will be a nice time. I have to get back to Virginia one of
    > these days to visit my brothers, 3. One sis in Chicago sub.
    > I will keep you informed for sure. I hope this being my first I hope I
    > don't make too many mistakes. But then I don't make misteeks. hehe.
    > joevan

    Thanks, "talk" to you in a couple days.
    One other thing...I don't make [too many] mistakes at all. ;)
    ICee, Jul 10, 2004
  11. joevan

    Buffalo Guest

    See if you can find an 8500LE as I believe it is quite superior to a 9200.I
    also think the 9100 is superior to the 9200.
    You would have to do some 'looking' around on the Internet to find out for
    sure, though.
    I have heard that you don't want a 9200SE though, unless it is really cheap;
    this is from gaming people.

    Buffalo, Jul 10, 2004