    capture card, I have an ATI Radeon 9800 video card with 128Mb that I can
    put in the new system if that will save me some moneyfor now. Thanks.
    , Jan 31, 2004

  2. Harrison Guest

    I've always had good results with Hauppauge's tv cards.
    NVIDIA on the graphics card.

    Harrison, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Will Guest

    Harrison wrote:
    > I've always had good results with Hauppauge's tv cards.
    > NVIDIA on the graphics card.
    >
    > On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 08:25:03 -0500, wrote:
    >

    >>I'm building a new system and need to know a good TV/video capture card.
    >>I'm using an ATI right now, and the picture stinks. I'm not a gamer, but
    >>when I tune into TV I want a decent picture. I'll also be doing video
    >>transfers and DVD burning. Also plan on going to a flat panel monitor,
    >>if that matters. System will be a 3Ghz processor with a Gb of RAM to
    >>start. Any suggestions on a card? If I can get away with just the
    >>capture card, I have an ATI Radeon 9800 video card with 128Mb that I can
    >>put in the new system if that will save me some moneyfor now. Thanks.

    I had an Hauppage card and it didn't like XP to much. I now have an ATI
    All In Wonder card that I am very satisfied with. I will probably
    upgrade towards the end of the year and might try an LeadtechXP either
    the deluxe or expert version
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...=47&manufactory=1280&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1
    Will, Jan 31, 2004
  4. jda^fx Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 08:25:03 -0500, wrote:

    >I'm building a new system and need to know a good TV/video capture card.
    >I'm using an ATI right now, and the picture stinks. I'm not a gamer, but
    >when I tune into TV I want a decent picture. I'll also be doing video
    >transfers and DVD burning. Also plan on going to a flat panel monitor,
    >if that matters. System will be a 3Ghz processor with a Gb of RAM to
    >start. Any suggestions on a card? If I can get away with just the
    >capture card, I have an ATI Radeon 9800 video card with 128Mb that I can
    >put in the new system if that will save me some moneyfor now. Thanks.

    If you want to do video transfers and maybe editing and DVD transfers
    make sure that you go fo a card that can do hardware compression.
    Matrox has som cards that compress to MJPEG and the results are quite
    good IMO. Look at the Marvel g200 or g450 depending on money.
    --
    and never X marks the spot
    jda^fx
    jda^fx, Jan 31, 2004