    monitor. Just looking for opinions. Also, any idea what the XT and SE after some
    of the same cards means? Thanks.

    , Jul 7, 2005

  2. FML Guest

    wrote:
    > I know there are the Radeon and nVidia camps out there. But can anyone offer an
    > opinion on a Radeon 9600 256Mb video card? Seems to be the one I keep going back
    > to look at, as it fits my budget. I don't do much gaming, and if I do any, it's
    > flight simulators, Falcon 4.0 or MS Flight Sim. Most of the rest of my work is
    > on websites. I'm currently using an ATI Radeon 9200 with 128Mb. But it doesn't
    > have a digital output and I need/want a card with a DVI hookup for my new LCD
    > monitor. Just looking for opinions. Also, any idea what the XT and SE after some
    > of the same cards means? Thanks.

    The 9600 Series is an excellent card for the use you describe and then
    some. Coupled with a good system it is capable of running all but the
    most demanding games (and you can even run those by turning off a few
    bells and whistles).

    FML, Jul 7, 2005

  3. Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 22:52:32 -0500, FML <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I know there are the Radeon and nVidia camps out there. But can anyone offer an
    >> opinion on a Radeon 9600 256Mb video card? Seems to be the one I keep going back
    >> to look at, as it fits my budget. I don't do much gaming, and if I do any, it's
    >> flight simulators, Falcon 4.0 or MS Flight Sim. Most of the rest of my work is
    >> on websites. I'm currently using an ATI Radeon 9200 with 128Mb. But it doesn't
    >> have a digital output and I need/want a card with a DVI hookup for my new LCD
    >> monitor. Just looking for opinions. Also, any idea what the XT and SE after some
    >> of the same cards means? Thanks.
    >>

    >The 9600 Series is an excellent card for the use you describe and then
    >some. Coupled with a good system it is capable of running all but the
    >most demanding games (and you can even run those by turning off a few
    >bells and whistles).

    Well, as far as the system, ( and I should have mentioned this in my original
    post) I'm running a P4 3.2 Ghz processor, with 1Gb RAM, which will be 2Gb in a
    few days, 320Gb S-ATA storage space, Windows XP Pro and a 19" LCD monitor. I
    guess the system is up to it?

    , Jul 7, 2005
  4. FML Guest

    wrote:
    > On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 22:52:32 -0500, FML <> wrote:
    >

    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I know there are the Radeon and nVidia camps out there. But can anyone offer an
    >>>opinion on a Radeon 9600 256Mb video card? Seems to be the one I keep going back
    >>>to look at, as it fits my budget. I don't do much gaming, and if I do any, it's
    >>>flight simulators, Falcon 4.0 or MS Flight Sim. Most of the rest of my work is
    >>>on websites. I'm currently using an ATI Radeon 9200 with 128Mb. But it doesn't
    >>>have a digital output and I need/want a card with a DVI hookup for my new LCD
    >>>monitor. Just looking for opinions. Also, any idea what the XT and SE after some
    >>>of the same cards means? Thanks.
    >>>

    >>The 9600 Series is an excellent card for the use you describe and then
    >>some. Coupled with a good system it is capable of running all but the
    >>most demanding games (and you can even run those by turning off a few
    >>bells and whistles).

    > Well, as far as the system, ( and I should have mentioned this in my original
    > post) I'm running a P4 3.2 Ghz processor, with 1Gb RAM, which will be 2Gb in a
    > few days, 320Gb S-ATA storage space, Windows XP Pro and a 19" LCD monitor. I
    > guess the system is up to it?

    Yeah, I'd say so. I think you'll be very happy with the 9600. You're
    gonna love the DVI output.

    FML, Jul 7, 2005
  5. Guest

    On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 23:05:07 -0500, FML <> wrote:

    > wrote:

    >>>The 9600 Series is an excellent card for the use you describe and then
    >>>some. Coupled with a good system it is capable of running all but the
    >>>most demanding games (and you can even run those by turning off a few
    >>>bells and whistles).

    >> Well, as far as the system, ( and I should have mentioned this in my original
    >> post) I'm running a P4 3.2 Ghz processor, with 1Gb RAM, which will be 2Gb in a
    >> few days, 320Gb S-ATA storage space, Windows XP Pro and a 19" LCD monitor. I
    >> guess the system is up to it?
    >>

    >Yeah, I'd say so. I think you'll be very happy with the 9600. You're
    >gonna love the DVI output.

    Thanks.

    , Jul 7, 2005